F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

freakin weatherman and mud

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default freakin weatherman and mud

i went for a ride last night and got about 50 minutes form the house then all of a sudden the skies started pissin massiveamounts of rain. so i get home, park the bike, go inside and take all my soaked gearoffand go to bed.wentto get in the cage this mornin and took a look at the bike. man is she dirty. theres a lot ofresidential constuction near my house so the streets stay dusty.whats the best way to clean the bike? any good spray on rinse off products? after that i'll putsome honda polish to the bike to detail her. also, will it be okay if i wait until friday to wash the bike. i don't have time right now as i'm working four 10's. thanks bros

Old 06-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Default RE: freakin weatherman and mud

I take mine to the local do-it-yourself. Just don't blow down exhaust or in the intake. That's when it is just filthy nasty. Otherwise just hose and bucket.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:15 PM

i wash mine all the time cuase its an outside bike. i just use a hose and water i would try to keep the water out the exhuast and intake like he said but you wont die if you get some in there the intake has a design that for the most part keeps water out and for the exhuastwell most of the water will get blown back out. i mean think about it when your riding in the rain your going to suck up some water.

but yah bucket and a hose is fine

Old 06-05-2007, 03:31 PM

i use to buy the honda polish mess because i was fed teh bull when i first bought the bike about not washing it but after doing some looking around and some honest shops as long as you dont spray the water in the intake or exhaust soap and water work best.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a spray on cleaner called s100 total cycle cleaner.... works pretty well, esp for undertail fling which is pretty hard to get out. I need to wipe/rub the very sticky parts though - with a bike cleaning glove (car sponges can scratch plastic)

Old 06-05-2007, 05:35 PM

thanks for the replies, i'm just lookin for a spray on rinse off method for the initial cleaning then i'll honda polish to finish her up. what about leavin the dirt untill friday?don't want to damage anything or make the mud impossible to spray off.thanks

Old 06-06-2007, 11:10 AM

bump. anymore good spray on rinse off products out there? bikes lookin like a motocrosser. i'm pissed thatican't clean her till friday? thanks

Old 06-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If my bike gets really dirty then I'll use soap and water, otherwise I just use Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish after every ride. Best stuff on earth IMO.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:18 PM

FRIGGIN WORK! now i gotta work friday too[:@] can't wash the bike till saturday. i literally have about 10 minutes to wash the bike because i'm going riding with some buds saturday morning. on the way to meet up would it be alright if i just ride to the car wash and spray the bike down with soap (low pressure) then rinse it off(low pressure again)and finish it with the low pressure spot free rinse. then go on my ride to finish drying it. ifthis is allright, how long do i need to wait for the bike to cool before i can spray it down? thanks a lot for your thoughts guys. washing sh#t bites[:@]

Old 06-07-2007, 12:30 PM

bump, would the above be cool? can i spray down a warm bike?[&:]

Quick Reply: freakin weatherman and mud