F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Freak Problem Solved!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freak Problem Solved!!

First off this is a prime example of a snowball effect.....
For those of you that have been here a while you may have seen me asking questions of this freek problem for a while now with no solution in sight.... for me that is. from the begining I bought a used bike that has been haunting me with all types of problems related to the fuel injection system for our bikes.. It all started with a somewhat good deal on a 01 f4i ( I traded a '00' r6 for a 01 f4i). it had all the original panels and was all stock with 5000 miles on it. this was a little over a year ago. the only thing wrong was that it had a high speed surge(due to the vel. stacks installed backwards) the rest is the nightmare. NOW my bike is running great because I changed the last component on my fi system... yes I pretty much have changed every part of the fi system that touches fuel. The last one being the "fuel pressure regulator" . My advice to all with problems is to buy a manual that covers service mantinance and repair. That is if you intend to do any of the work yourself. this 20 to 30$ investment WILL save you countless dollars as well as countless headaches. I just want to thank anyone who has suggested anything that has helped me along the way... BTW the one of the symptoms for a faulty or damaged fuel pressure regulator is "poor fuel consumption". that was me.. I was getting MAYBE 70 miles to a tank of gas, yes thats correct the reserve would sometimes turn on at 59 or so miles and now its back to normal as well as running like the champ that it is