F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Frame sliders

Old 03-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frame sliders

Im wondering if any one has any experince with these sliders;

TRex All Year Honda CBR 600 CBR600 F4 F4i Frame Sliders | eBay

i KNOW the no drill sliders are no good but am trying to find something i dont have to drill into my fairings.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Banned

Plain and simple....

No drills will not help your bike in a crash, and will likely do more damage compared to not having them at all.

Don't waste your time or money on no-drills. They are pointless.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think those are the same ones that a member here had and his bike fell over in his driveway and the sliders caused serious engine damage.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Banned

Even the cheapest of cut sliders work better than the most expensive no-cut.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I'm understanding how they mount correctly, they off-set the mount point.
All of the strength is gonna rest in the off-set plate. My concern, the plate will
fold/twist/crumple. It appears to just be flat-stock, with no real torsion resistance.

I understand your reluctance to drill your fairings, it would suck to screw it up.

However, if you use putty smeared on the inside of your fairing to carefully mark
where the mounted slider bumps the inside, you'll be alright. Use a hole-saw,
not a dremel (better chance for a round hole).

Even if you do miss the precise center slightly, you'll be able to see to mark the
REAL center-point. Here's where a dremel IS the right tool. Cut the new hole,
from that center-point using a radius to the farthest part of your current opening
and then, rim it with panel trim-strip. That should give you an nice, even, reveal
around the peg. If you do it like that, it will look planned, not improvised.

Hope this helps, Ern

Old 03-06-2012, 06:34 PM

you're better of not having and sliders than those.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Registered Users
Default Racing 905 - not so good so far

I thought I had my Racing 905 race armor installed. It mounts with bolts that replace the engine mounting bolts, so I took the hardware and screwed it in just enough so that the head of the bolt would push into the foam on my fairing. This worked well for the hole saw. The holes are great, and close. I had to use a dremel for part of the armor that goes up to the puck, but it's alright.

The problem was when I went to install the other side, it wouldn't make a complete cage because the bolt they supplied (to replace engine mount bolt)-that goes through the back engine mount to the other side didn't thread into the other brace piece as it is supposed to.

I contacted Racing 905 (lots of phone tag, no email contact returned really) and it has taken them so long, and I am so frustrated with them right now, I can't make a recommendation for their product. I am still waiting for a return label to send back the defective part and get a new one. Even though I sent them verification of my order, they want the piece that doesn't work in their hands before they send me one. This means it has been about a month to try to get this stuff on. It might not even be right when it gets here. I lost hours on the project and it cost me over $140. Hopefully Racing 905 will do right by me, but for now- I would say skip 'em as an option for sliders.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Registered Users
Default Racing 905 Update

Got the armor installed finally...I still can't recommend them based on their customer service, but the racing armor saved me a lot of money when I lowsided practicing in a parking lot for low speed/tight turning. If anyone ever needs help with install I can make some recommendations