F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Frame slider comparison

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever you decide, DON'T CHEAP OUT on an ebay brand. Vortex or Shogun have at least made a name for themselves so just keep reading and go by what you like/wallet can handle. The material of the sliders/cut can affect its purpose. Supposedly cheaper materials used may have more friction, causing your sliders to dig into the ground and more damage to the bike. Something I read on Shoguns website for their barends lol so I'm not exactly sure. I've also heard that the cheaper sliders can crack on impact, basically making them useless to install at all.

To skameigh, I think you're referring to the extended sliders/cages. Lol I don't know how to explain it but because the dimensions are wider, it makes it easier to flip the bike?

Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by colbyDANIERI
What do you like about them Have you dropped your bike
They are very easy to install, they look great and you can't beat the 2 piece design. Have I dropped my bike yes. Have I laid it down? no well at least not with the sliders on. That is why I got sliders. One day I flipped the stand down, went to get off, Guess I didn't put the stand down and the way cause it gave out and my bike fell right on the ground. Picked it up and there was not a scratch on it thanks to the sliders.

Last edited by R Dub; 07-29-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
They are very easy to install, they look great and you can't beat the 2 piece design. Have I dropped my bike yes. Have I laid it down? no well at least not with the sliders on. That is why I got sliders. One day I flipped the stand down, went to get off, Guess I didn't put the stand down and the way cause it gave out and my bike fell right on the ground. Picked it up and there was not a scratch on it thanks to the sliders.
Lol don't you hate that? Happened to me TWICE on my new rr! It's a lot lighter so I managed to catch it BOTH times. The kickstand on the newer bikes don't feel as sturdy as the F4i...

Old 07-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have woodcraft. Guy before me dropped my bike. There wasn't any damage at all besides the puck.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was going to go with Vortex sliders, but I ended up with Trex sliders.. yeah they are one piece, but they have gotten favorable reviews on here and are about half the price.

Adam

Old 07-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T-rexx sliders here. One piece delrin "cut" design. $15 from ebay shipped

I have dropped mine a few times, IE teaching the GF to ride, rushing around, kickstand not all the way down, etc. Have held up great and protected plastics perfectly.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:15 PM

so basically what were all saying since everyone is throwing three brands out there is dont go to cheap because ur gunn get what you pay for so i would recommend going to each manf. website and seeing what you like about them and choose from there. heres 3 websites to help:
http://www.vortexracing.com/
http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts/default.asp
http://www.t-rex-racing.com/

Old 07-30-2010, 08:52 PM

I personally have Vortex on my bike. The only other brand I considered before purchase was Woodcraft. Jus my 2 cents

Old 07-30-2010, 08:59 PM

Lol no one likes shogun?

Old 07-30-2010, 09:04 PM

I have heard good things about Shogun, and for the price there tough to beat. As long as they are made of delrin, and the bolts are not junk they should work. F4ith you have a PM.....

Quick Reply: Frame slider comparison