F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

found THE bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default found THE bike

i havent been on in a while just since ive been enjoying summer and hangin out with friends since i didnt have any friends where i was living due to school and work and my dislike for most of the frat guys haha(moved to a college town). but ive been lookin at used bike for about 3months. and found one on craigslist 2days ago, looked at it tonight...
2002 f4i, silver and red, about 7200 miles, two brothers slip on, flush mount led front turn signals, integrated tail light, F.E kit(home made but looks better than the kits ive seen, after market cct, andfoot mountsthat unscrew and allow for shorter pegs for at the track i guess.. and BRAND new tires.
talkedto theguy andhis friend for a good 30mins, they even said ive done my homework about the bikes so they knew they couldnt bull**** me ha. the only "damage" was a few scrapes on the right fairing and the little ball on teh brake lever from tipping over in the garage, no cracks or spider web stress marks anywhere!
the guy let me take it fora quick spin around the block, rides like a dream! it will take some getting used to tho being that ive been ridin my pit bike around fro the past 2 years and cruisers here and there ha. but this is the one!
his asking price is 4750, i offered 4200. and he said he would throw in a matchin jacket also, maybe his helmet too. which i already have, but extras dont hurt hah. so if he takes my offer should seal the deal friday or saturday!
im taking a loan out from teh bank to help with my credit for the future(plan to get a house in about 3years, so if they see that i can pay a $4k loan off with no problems that will be a plus in my favor)

already have full gear, minus actuall riding boots/ pants, and ive got the M endorsement and took the MSF course awhile ago, so im stoked!

hopefully ill post back monday letting yal know if i got it or not, cuz if i get it, i sure as hell wont be on the computer on the weeekend! hah(if it stops raining 3 times a day every day... damn tx weather)

Old 06-26-2007, 02:26 AM
Default RE: found THE bike

Congrats. I'm looking to get a bike too but having a damn hard time finding one at a decent price. Most people want like $5500 for one. I think I also found a bike but the guy is saying $4800 is the lowest he will go I'm hoping he will sell for $4500. I hope you get the bike, sounds liek a pretty good deal at $4200.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:43 AM

ya, i made the offer of 4200, its only been listed for 2days and me being the first to come look at it, he wasnt ready to just make the deal, ill know by thursday, or friday if we will settle on 4200.. if not id be willing to pay a lil more, since i feel this is The bike. and still the best deal ive seen around here!

Old 06-26-2007, 10:31 AM

I got mine for $4,000 even

02, red/black
Less than 4,000miles
Helmet
Jacket
Gloves
Yosh Exhaust
Tinted Windscreen
Flush Mount Blinkers
Good Tires

I don't think i'll find another deal like this one again unfortunately

Old 06-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Retired Moderator

Yeah, make sure if you really want it, you get the first right of refusal. Make sure that he doesn't just sell it outright to someone who offered him $4500.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:55 PM

good luck

Old 06-26-2007, 03:45 PM

yea good luck but if ur sure this is the one u want and ur willing to pay more u may wanna offer it so he doesnt just sell it to someone else before u get another chance to offer it to him

Old 06-26-2007, 05:40 PM

ya, the guy is real cool and said he will call me if someone even comes to look at it. i applied for a 4k loan today and im just waiting for a call to see if i get approved. then ill probally go meet up with the guy tomorrow and give him 4400 or something closer to his askin price.

on a side note, for the younger riders (18-24) how much is yals insurance for full coverage...
i called state farm and got it to be 92 a month for full coverage, does the rate usuallydrop at 21 and 25 like it does for auto insurance?

Old 06-26-2007, 05:55 PM

IMO state farm will be your best bet and if I am correct state farm will lower rates at 25 but not 21. I could be wrong on that part.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:03 PM

my brothers car insurance dropped about 30bux a month when he turned 21, so hopefully it will do the same on the bike in a year ha.
and i figure ill just stick with state farm since i have car insurance with them, and it would be easier to just deal with one company ha

the waiting game sucks! i just want to hear from my bank and ill either be happy or pissed but its a whole lot better than being anxiously waiting ha.

Quick Reply: found THE bike