F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Forks for the '02 F4i

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forks for the '02 F4i

I laid my bike over awhile ago and have noticed that my steering is off. I believe i bent my forks. Instead of just buying the OEM F4i forks are there any other forks that would work with the bike without having to do any major changes to make them fit?

Old 07-11-2011, 09:04 PM

I really haven't looked into anything aftermarket involving anything concerning the forks. However, there was a thread back a few weeks ago with a guy looking into this type of upgrade. I believe the general consensus of everyone who responded was that OEM was the best to stick with for a street bike and they only recommended the aftermarket forks if it was more of a track-only bike.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by ucyifly
I really haven't looked into anything aftermarket involving anything concerning the forks. However, there was a thread back a few weeks ago with a guy looking into this type of upgrade. I believe the general consensus of everyone who responded was that OEM was the best to stick with for a street bike and they only recommended the aftermarket forks if it was more of a track-only bike.
Yeah I think I read over that's thread. I'm.not.really looking into aftermarket forks. But are there any conversions to do from other Honda models? I remember a thread on here awhile ago where the guy did a conversion but I don't really remember it

Old 07-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Other forks fit but you'll have to change other things, no other fork tubes just slide into place.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:13 PM

there is a bunch of articles on this website that have information on this. 929 and 954 swap, 600rr or 1000rr... this guy did an r1 swap on his as well..

https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...k-swap-124602/

cheers
happy riding

Old 07-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MICHAELxMLB
I laid my bike over awhile ago and have noticed that my steering is off. I believe i bent my forks.
You need to remove your forks & test/check run-out. That's the only true way to know if they are bent unless you can visually see it.

Instead of just buying the OEM F4i forks are there any other forks that would work with the bike without having to do any major changes to make them fit?
W/o doing major changes - no. It really isn't worth the hassle (or money) of doing USD fork swap on the F4i unless its a huge desire to do so. The bike's geometry & handling will change, which you may -or- may not actually like.

Additionally, F4i forks seem to be plentiful & at reasonable prices. IF your forks are indeed bent, simple replacement is the best & cheapest option.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM

I have 07 1000RR forks on my bike, the bearings are the same but you'll need to use a 929 lower, upper tripple trees and new clipons to make it work. Also you'll need to make sure it comes with the radial brakes, master cylinder, and front wheel. took me an hour to swap it out, just got to make sure you have everything you need. i bought everything complete for $600

Old 07-12-2011, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
You need to remove your forks & test/check run-out. That's the only true way to know if they are bent unless you can visually see it.
When my front tire is aligned with the nose of my front fairing my handlebars sit about an inch or two to the right. It wouldn't bother me that much but I do wheelies and I don't want to think my wheel is straight comin down and my tire not bein straight and lose control. Is there any way to try to figure out if the forks are bent or not without takin everything off?

Old 07-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

...Is there any way to try to figure out if the forks are bent or not without takin everything off?
Not effectively, no. Just remove the forks & test run-out. Its not difficult. If you don't have the equip to test, just take 'em down to the shop to have tested. Shouldn't cost much to check 'em.

Put bike on front stand, the type that lifts by the lower triple (or rig up some other way to hold up front of bike). Remove your calipers, wheel, fender. Unbolt & remove clip-ons (remove stopper rings of course). Forks are held by an upper & lower pinch-bolt on ea side. Loosen those bolts & the fork tubes come right out. No need to remove the upper fairing. Taking 'em out only takes a few minutes.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Not effectively, no. Just remove the forks & test run-out. Its not difficult. If you don't have the equip to test, just take 'em down to the shop to have tested. Shouldn't cost much to check 'em.
Sorry I've never dealt with forks before. What do you mean "test run-out"?

Quick Reply: Forks for the '02 F4i