F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Footpeg and Leaning

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Footpeg and Leaning

So I was riding the other day and wasn't aware that I leaned this far in a turn. . . but apparently, the bottom of the footpeg started to grind in the middle of the turn and it got me a little worried so i slowed down quitea bit and pulled the bike up during the middle of the turn. I was just wondering though, is that normal to grind that little vertical thing on the bottom of the footpegs? If so, is there a way I can perhaps remove it?

Old 09-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: Footpeg and Leaning

yes, those are there specifically to be dragged if you lean into a turn far.....the name is escaping me for what they're called.....but to answer you question, yes you can drag, and no don't remove em....i am assuming you are talking about the little protrusion from the bottom of the footrest...

Old 09-11-2007, 04:20 PM

Yeah. And thanks for letting me know I really wasn't sure what they were there for because I never really leaned that far :P It just sort of happened on accident, so it was a good warning sign then. Thanks for the fast reply

Old 09-11-2007, 04:25 PM

I also can't think of exactly what they are called, but do a search on things like "feelers" and such - I have heard of guys who have removed them as well as guys who have moved the pegs up a few inches to get some more lean..

maybe somebody smart like tahoe will respond...

Old 09-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered Users

oh yeah no problem..i have never gotten down that far as i do primarily city driving, but i am an obsessive reader and researcher so i try to learn what i can and can't do and what is right and wrong before i do it...lol....so i have read a lot about rearsets and dragging, etc....i think they are called cheater pegs???

Old 09-11-2007, 04:30 PM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

oh yeah no problem..i have never gotten down that far as i do primarily city driving, but i am an obsessive reader and researcher so i try to learn what i can and can't do and what is right and wrong before i do it...lol....so i have read a lot about rearsets and dragging, etc....i think they are called cheater pegs???
Hehe yeah I normally do city driving as well. I just happened to take a different route and was going a little faster than expected into a turn that I normally take. So lesson learned. Thank you bike for not crashing, as I won't push it again that far :P

Old 09-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually i believe they are called "peg feelers". i've touched mine once and it was a cool feeling i must say (and also was sorta by accident). as far as i know you can lean the bike to that extent and be fine! i ride alot of back roads and get the bike over pretty far but havent touched a peg feeler in a while. i FEEL like im over pretty damn far, lol.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Registered Users

FEELERS...that's it....i am pretty sure that is what i have heard them being called....(where'd i come up with cheater pegs?????)...anyways...

i fully plan on draggin those SOBs sooner or later when i get out to the track or out onto some twisties...just right now, downtown chicago isn't very "tight curve friendly"....

Old 09-11-2007, 04:36 PM

Haha I hear you there.

Thanks for all the new information everyone

Old 09-11-2007, 05:20 PM

I call them peg scrapers, and mine are all scraped off.

Quick Reply: Footpeg and Leaning