F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Flat Black, Gloss Black, or Red

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat Black, Gloss Black, or Red

Whats going on Folks its been awhile since ive posted and Im about to get some paint work done on my bike and im just wondering if i can get some opinions cause im stuck between a rock and a hard place here...I have been considering getting
1. a all flat black paint job
2. gloss black
3. Candy red or like a fire engine red.

I would like everyones opinions on those options or even throw something else out there that would look sick and help me out. If possible can those of you who have pics of black or red bikes post them so i can see which i like best

Old 02-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Flat Black, Gloss Black, or Red

i'd say to PM someone who is good w/ photoshop and get YOURSELF a good idea of what those options will look like. go w/ what you think is best and what color you think will looks best. at the end of the day, you're the one riding it......we'd just be glancing at it.

basically you have to see the bike daily and you have to ride it. we might think what you choose is hideous, but you could love it!!!!! at the same time......you could go w/ what we like....but you'd hate it everytime you see it.

so, find someone who is good w/ photoshop and see which one really catches your eye!

Old 02-01-2008, 06:25 PM

yea i feel ya man but i think all those would like tight as hell i just wanna see some pics of nikes with the paint already done and also maybe some other color schemes

Old 02-01-2008, 06:43 PM

i'm doing a flat black paint job right now. still have to do 1 lower and the tank. i'll put up pix in a few days once i'm done.

personally, i like flat colors since i rattlecan, and it's impossible to get a good clear in a can. with flat colors, i don't have to wash the bike...just respray an area that's dirty or F'd up (like around the fuel cap if gas splashes).

thing is with flat black or gloss black is that i think it looks good b/c it matches the frame, but you need the right amount of color to contrast all that black. maybe some tank wings in red or white, or spray the wheels gold. have gold shorty levers, gold chain. etc...

Old 02-01-2008, 09:04 PM

yea see something like that sounds tight except the gold wheels lol

Old 02-02-2008, 10:54 PM

One of my friends had a great idea man. You should paint the bike flat black and then have all the stock emblems in gloss black: the "cbr" on the front, the "honda and wing on the tank", the "600 F4i" on the tail, and the big wing on the side. It would look sick man.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:17 PM

Gloss black all the way. No doubt about it! Although you do have to clean that son bitch a lot to keep it lookin minty.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:18 PM

gloss black if you're a workaholic and ducati red if you can't wash and wax the bike every day

Old 02-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Old 02-04-2008, 01:27 PM

flat black is sexy! or do a semi gloss with lime green highlights........ no wait, dont do that, thats my next minty job

Quick Reply: Flat Black, Gloss Black, or Red