F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

First to Second

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First to Second

hey guys, hope everyone had a good weekend of riding. a couple times during my weekend of riding after starting our at a red light or stop sign my shift from first to second was pretty rough. probably only happened about three times but when it did it was a real pain, probably was not good for my transmission and im sure it made me look stupid. each time it happened i was shifting out of first at about 10k revs with the clutch and i would slap it into second and it would pop right back out of second into neutral. this ever happen to anyone else? thanks for any info.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Default RE: First to Second

Yeah this has happened to me quite a few times, or it will stick for a moment inbetween the gears. It sucks but it happens, i usually let it wind down for a second and then try to shift it up again and it usually connects, but I generally shift into 2nd around 5k or 6k, unless im riding a wheelie. Just wait till your riding a nice wheelie in 1st and you try throwing it into 2nd and this problem happens. It's so much fun[:@]

Old 08-14-2006, 02:56 PM

rancid, i do the same as far as letting it wind back down before shifting into second but when i do shift into second it sounds and feels absolutely horrible. loud clank and maybe a slight grinding. does yours do the same?

Old 08-14-2006, 03:38 PM

Adjust your shift lever properly and 99% of your shifting problems will go away.

At least they will until you change to different boots.

Old 08-14-2006, 05:26 PM

my 06' shifts nicely from first to second gear as long as i use as little clutch and throttle release to unload the tranny and make the shift.

Old 08-14-2006, 05:51 PM

My '02 tranny shifts real nice from first to second under full throttle with a little pressure on the shifter when I hit the rev limiter.......

Although I don't recommend that.