F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

First Bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009 | 09:33 PM

i started out on my F4i, nothing wrong with doing that as long as you are very gradual with the learning curve
i'd recommend the MSF course

personally i'll never have a 600rr, i rode one for the first time today at work and it felt like i was in the fetal position. i went about a mile and came back, that was it for me
i'm 24 and it was too damn cramped in comparison

Old 03-24-2009 | 10:37 PM

yea this is my first street bike (i got it last year) and it has been fine for me
if you understand the principles of being on two wheels and are comfortable with it i say go for it
but DEFINATELY keep ur right hand in check.
something can go wrong just as fast on an f4i as an RR or a busa for that matter.
if you can keep urself under control and not get too throttle happy i would say go for the f4i. or even the rr. just sit on them and see which is moer comfortable, which is in better condition, and what is overall a better deal

good luck with ur pic and def hang around this site if you end up with one of them
lots of info and good ppl here

Old 03-25-2009 | 12:32 AM

yeah, most important thing is comfort and control..totally agree!

Old 03-30-2009 | 09:25 PM
Default 17 years old and riding an RR

im 17 and i have a 03 cbr600rr and love it, it was a change going from a fourwheeler to a fule injected 4 cylnder with the power to put you down and keep you down, but i feel like its all up to the rider, dont get stupid with it and you will be fine

Old 03-30-2009 | 09:54 PM

I started out on an F3 600 when i was 18. got pushed off the road by some stupid girl yappin on her phone. i got lucky i walked away the bike didn't fast forward 5 years i decided to buy another bike a 2001 honda Shadow. i just wanted to be on 2 wheels again rode that around for another 2 seasons and sold it. Last year at the age of 28 i decided to get on two wheels again bought a used 98 f3 600 but promised the wife i would take the MSF course. Prbly the Best 400 i ever spent the stuff i didnt even think of doing during certain circumstances are now second nature. I now own an F4i and plan on keeping this one till i move to europe next year and plan to bring it over with me

Just be very Careful one crack of the throttle can end it all. but dude make sure you take that MSF course just because you get a few months out on the bike and think you dont need it and wont learn anything you dont already know you are sadly wrong. Take it from ppl who have ridden for years that course can be the difference of you riding away from a near miss to rolling away in a wheelchair or worse you die

just my two cents.

And welcome to the community

Last edited by slinky; 03-30-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-31-2009 | 01:14 AM

28 and bought a 06 f4i with 13k miles back in mid april last year... rode the bike in a parking-lot for almost a month.. then took a MSF... been riding since... 21k miles now and still rocking it

I've actually had a 17 year old girl in a Nissan altma HIT ME and still didn't go down... I was pissed off... but happy I was ok... no harm to the bike, besides a tiny scratch you almost can't even see.

April 15 is my 1 year anniversary, and I'll eventually try for a track day at http://www.texastrackdays.com

I have a exo700 scorpion helmet, Alpine star RC-1 leather jacket, Alpine SP2 full guantlet gloves, Alpine Star Ridge boots! Only thing I'm lacking is leather pants... which I'll be getting eventually

Old 03-31-2009 | 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by nekidfrog

I have a exo700 scorpion helmet, Alpine star RC-1 leather jacket, Alpine SP2 full guantlet gloves, Alpine Star Ridge boots! Only thing I'm lacking is leather pants... which I'll be getting eventually
how do you like the RC-1 leather jacket? i was seriously thinking about getting the rc1 jacket from alpinestars for a while now, but recently ive decided to look around at other jackets because the aerodynamic hump doesn't really fly with me..i dont know why..it just seems to stick out alot...

how do you like it?

Old 03-31-2009 | 01:35 AM

I rode dirt bikes for a long time before I got my f4i. Respect the power, you think a dirt bike has some get up and go....

Any of these machines will push a 3 sec 0-60 in first gear and smash any stock car in a quarter mile.

Last edited by Exitwounds; 03-31-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-31-2009 | 02:13 AM

not to thread jack... but I absolutely love it! worth the 550 I spent getting it shipped to me. Even in 80F I still have the insulation liner in and wasn't horrible... and I have the full black jacket!! Hump actually helps vent air in the jacket and there are some nice vents where they are needed. The jacket really fits snug!! and that's not a joke!!

Old 03-31-2009 | 03:08 PM

Im 17 as well and started on a 250. While it was fun for about a week, I got really scared as someone in a massive f-150 flew up on my tail and I couldnt get away from them, so I sold 'er and bout a mint 03 f4i. You do have to be very careful with the throttle as you can find yourslef on one wheel pretty easily. The one thing I've found riding this bike (or any bike for that matter) is that you have to keep your head on a swivle, and you cant let your attention wander for 2 seconds.