F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Finished installing remote control angel eyes, ground effects, and security system!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finished installing remote control angel eyes, ground effects, and security system!

Hey guys,

after about 12-15 hours of work I'm finally done with this weeks project.

I installed a scorpio alarm system (with proximity alert, of course)
I made and installed angel eyes, either solid blue or color changing
I installed four pods of LED's, each pod consisting of 25 LED's

to control the angel eyes I installed a remote control switch with four circuits on it:

circuit 1 - color changing angel eyes
circuit 2 - solid blue angel eyes
circuit 3 - left and right side LED's
circuit 4 - rear and front LED's

Here are some pics of everything and a link to a video of the remote control switch in action:

All wired up and still have "trunk" space - gotta love the 'nanna seat!

showing off different color LED's in the eyes

Sweet glowing blue....

These are what I will keep on even when riding...

And this is what it will look like when I'm parked... :-)

video --> http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=29894221

Let me know what you think!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Default RE: Finished installing remote control angel eyes, ground effects, and security system!

That's pretty sweet man.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Default RE: Finished installing remote control angel eyes, ground effects, and security system!

Those ground effects are pretty bright, but I'm not really a fan of that kind of stuff on bikes. It makes you more visable, so who gives a **** what I think. Those angel eyes are very trick, props for that. I think it would be better though if the colors were more co-ordinated with each other and/or the paint scheme of the bike.The way they change it kind of seems random. (edit)How many LED's are in the angel eyes?Is it one set of blues and one set of LED's that change, or is it adifferent LED for each color?(/end edit)Your bike is all blue, but im saying if you have a mulicolored bike to use the same colors of thebike in the eyes. Or perhaps use a sequence of colors so that it seems to fade.

I want to get a scorpio for my f4i. I want to see about a group buy perhaps. I have a friend who wants one also.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:42 PM

wow very nice. Your wiring is so clean...I have a rats nest under my seat[&:]

Old 03-08-2008, 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: MC_spirited

Those ground effects are pretty bright, but I'm not really a fan of that kind of stuff on bikes. It makes you more visable, so who gives a **** what I think. Those angel eyes are very trick, props for that. I think it would be better though if the colors were more co-ordinated with each other and/or the paint scheme of the bike.The way they change it kind of seems random. (edit)How many LED's are in the angel eyes?Is it one set of blues and one set of LED's that change, or is it adifferent LED for each color?(/end edit)Your bike is all blue, but im saying if you have a mulicolored bike to use the same colors of thebike in the eyes. Or perhaps use a sequence of colors so that it seems to fade.

I want to get a scorpio for my f4i. I want to see about a group buy perhaps. I have a friend who wants one also.
the angel eyes have 2 LED's on each side, one is solid blue (pointing inwards) the other is a color changing pointing outwards. I had no choice in the colors it flashes. If I re-wire I can set it up so they blink at the same rate which would in turn make the colors match up, but the more I watch it, I think it's more "mesmorizing" and cooler looking with different blinking rates so I'll probably leave it as it is. I made sure that I could have ONLY blue if I want for the full blue glowing effect. I previously had slow changing LED's but I like the faster changing ones better, it has more pop that way

Old 03-08-2008, 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Brandon77

wow very nice. Your wiring is so clean...I have a rats nest under my seat[&:]
haha, thanks - I spent 3 years running wires through houses (security systems) so I take pride in making things look neat and clean. Eventually when I am motivated and 100% pleased with placement of everything I will wrap all the wires tightly in black electrical tape and will zip tie with black zip ties to existing harneses and cables, you'll NEVER know it wasn't stock!

if you want to clean up your rats nest - just use some zip ties, get a few wires at a time and eventually with enough folding and playing it will look semi-nice.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:53 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Ugh, just reminds me how much more I have to do to my bike still.

Looks sweet!

Old 03-08-2008, 08:53 PM
gr8

Nice Lights frekn bright. I wanted to know why do F4i make tht frekn weeeeeeee sound i was watching ur other vids and that thing was loud. LOL it sounds like the powersteering pump on a Ford Ranger.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:03 PM

That is pretty sick! I like the angel eyes and the underglow is cool.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:21 PM

I just wired my bike with a starcom communication kit. Very nice wiring job. My next mod may be a grouhd effects LED job or angel eyes. Very sexy, even if you cant control the collors on the angel eyes, they look great.

Quick Reply: Finished installing remote control angel eyes, ground effects, and security system!