F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Finally... Another F4i Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 05:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally... Another F4i Owner

ORIGINAL: Hopper

LOL...the dealer i went to had the two bikes right across from each other. The salesman had them both pulled out into the isle for me. I sat on one for a couple minutes then the other...then back...and this went on for quite some time. I didn't have quite enough $$ for a down payment, but at least i've figured out what i want. I plan on making the purchase in a couple weeks.

Was yours slightly used? How did you get it for $7000?

ORIGINAL: SteelBallz

I finally did it today….

I put a down payment on a ‘06 Pearl Yellow / Metallic Titanium F4i so that my local Honda place would order me a brand spankin’ new one still sitting in a crate in a warehouse somewhere in Louisiana.
Nope brand new.... Honda has a $300 rebate going until the end of May right now, besides that I have done business with this place before so they tend to treat me pretty good.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:13 AM

Man the dealer here has it listed at 8490. He said that he would come down a couple hundred.... Glad you posted. Now i know he's trying to screw me.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Hopper

Man the dealer here has it listed at 8490. He said that he would come down a couple hundred.... Glad you posted. Now i know he's trying to screw me.
WTF.... MSRP is $8500 and they do not make the bike for '07 plus it is typical to expect a decent dealer to come approx 1G off the MSRP...

You still need to shop around or take a trip to Memphis...

Old 04-28-2007, 05:33 AM

Damn i was ready to pay msrp... didn't realize you could get that much knocked off. I'll do some more shopping around for sure!

Old 05-01-2007, 05:51 AM

So my bike is going to arrive tomorrow and I am possibly going to pick up.... They are going to assemble it and call me sometime in the afternoon....

I just wanted to ask if there is anything that I need to be aware of or check for when I pick up the bike

Old 05-03-2007, 02:41 AM

Well I went and picked up the Bike today.....well sort of....
So I got about a 3 miles from the Bike shop and I accidently killed it at a red light (still learning the new clutch)....

I went to try to start it back up and "vrrrrrr.....click click click..."

Remember I have only had this bike maybe 10 minutes.... so I try EVERYTHING to get it to start.... kickstand down in neutral.... in gear with clutch pulled.... everything.
So here I am waving traffic around me and trying to walk the bike to the curb so I could park it (still trying to watch traffic on this 5 lane road).... I finally get the bike to the curb, which was a feat.... And I immediatly call up the dealership, but it was like 5:25 and they close at 5:30. I luckily got someone to finally answer and I bitched them out for sending me out with a battery that had not been charged. So they send a truck with a trailer (don't ask) and they half-*** strap it down and I am forced to ride back with them to the shop. It took forever to find a way to get it into the trailer with the traffic. Of course these guys are pissed because they were suppose to be off at 5:30 and I was pissed... Not a pleasent experience. Luckily we got the bike back in one piece...

Anyway, so the bike is at the shop now on a slow charge and I will be picking it up tomorrow..... I have to say it was nice for the 10 minutes that I had it....

Old 05-03-2007, 11:23 PM

wow, awesome dude ! Congrats btw. I'm getting mine in soon. It's on the order, just like yours was. The thing is I'm currently staying overseas and I'm having the bike shipped to me. I picked the yellow pearl as well..I think I'd like it better then the blue one, but still not sure what it will look like in real time. Hondas look lot better when you look at the live instead of from the pictures and that's a good thing So how is that Yellow anyway ? Is it bannana shade ? Not too disturbing for the onlookers ? I quess you gotta go with mostly black gear on it. Whatcha think about that Yellow ? anyone ?

Old 05-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: philnyc

wow, awesome dude ! Congrats btw. I'm getting mine in soon. It's on the order, just like yours was. The thing is I'm currently staying overseas and I'm having the bike shipped to me. I picked the yellow pearl as well..I think I'd like it better then the blue one, but still not sure what it will look like in real time. Hondas look lot better when you look at the live instead of from the pictures and that's a good thing So how is that Yellow anyway ? Is it bannana shade ? Not too disturbing for the onlookers ? I quess you gotta go with mostly black gear on it. Whatcha think about that Yellow ? anyone ?
The yellow usually runs about 15hp slower than the blue. Also, you are more likely to havefewer large breasted women ask you for a ride. Good luck!

Old 05-04-2007, 02:48 AM

Well I finally got the bike today.... pictures soon to come!

Old 05-04-2007, 02:54 AM

ORIGINAL: philnyc

The color is awesome in my opinion.... I cannot really describe it, but to say when I "think" of yellow, it is the same color as the bike. Everyone that has seen it so far, the first thing that comes out of their mouth is "I like the color". I am glad I chose yellow, even though the blue looks a lot better in person. If nothing else, it helps people on the street notice you....

My helmet and gloves are yellow & gray, while my jacket is mostly black with a gray stripe and some gray accents.

Quick Reply: Finally... Another F4i Owner