F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

f4i with no front components..help please

Old 08-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Default f4i with no front components..help please

Well first off im new here so hello to all the members,so basically im goin to purchase an 01 f4i a couple days from now but the bike had a touch down which unfortunately took away all of the front like gauge cluster,headlights etc so a couple concerns i have is if the bike would start without those components since i was planning to throw on a streetfighter kit on until i purchase the original parts (note:the reason why i couldnt test it myself is becauserr of the fall the switch on the handle broke off so idk if that would affect it from starting) a couple other concerns i had:can any1 give some feedback on those fairing kits selling on ebay for like $225-250 if its a good idea to buy them also i would appreciate any advice on how to go about getting back to the original state and if theres anything i should look out for thank you (sorry for the long read)