F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i with a miss and getting bad gas milage

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F4i with a miss and getting bad gas milage

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

Also check your battery sounds like the same thing that happened to my when my battery was toast...
It's a fairly new battery, only about a year old so I dont think that is it.

ORIGINAL: CarharttmanF4I

Something else to chew on is when you are running small mm plug wires they sometimes can cross current and detonate at irregular times and seem like it miss firing. I ran into this problem in my race car. Not promising anything but just something else to check.
The bike has coil on plug so it doesnt have wires.

I pulled the plugs last night and plugs 1 and 4 were good but plugs 2 and 3 were fouled. The new plugs should be here in about an hour so we will se what happens.

Brian

Old 08-03-2007, 05:20 PM

okay so I put the plugs in and it fired up great and ran smooth. I go to drive it home from work and not 5 miles down the interstate it does that crap again. After getting home the FI light finally came on and i checked the code and did some troubleshooting and it seems as if I have a bad map sensor, go figure.

Brian

Old 08-03-2007, 10:50 PM

Man this is frustrating, I finally fixed the MAP sensor. It ended up being the vac hose was pinched so it was throwing a code. I pulled the plugs again and cleaned them really good. They looked just like the old ones did, 1 and 4 were good but 2 and 3 were bad. So I put everything back together and started it up and it ran like a champ, really smooth and clear. I drove it down the road and about 3 miles away it started breaking up again because it is fouling the plugs. It isnt throwing a code anymore so i dunno what it could be right now.

Brian

Old 08-05-2007, 12:55 AM

This morning I reset the ecu and fired the bike up and it ran great. I then drove it around for a while and it never skipped a beat so I decided i would go ahead and buy another fresh set of plugs to replace the once i put in there just incase they might be a little fouled. I replaced the plugs and I went out for the night, the bike rode better than it ever has until I put about 30 more miles on it and it started doing the same crap. I am fairly certain that it just starts dumping way to much fuel into cylinders 2 and 3 and its just fouling the plugs. What all could be causeing this?

Brian