F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default F4i mirrors

Hi, most of you will probably agree that the only thing F4i mirrors are good for is checking that your elbows are still attached...

I have heard of people fitting mirror extenders and aftermarket mirrors to their bikes, but someone also mentioned that R1 mirrors might fit?

Any suggestions for some longer than stock mirrors?

Last edited by DonnyBrago; 06-18-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I am very interested also, I just added the aftermarket oem looking mirrors with the turn signals in them but I cannot for the life of me see crap...bugs me. The mirrors do not tilt in enough. I do not want some ugly extenders but I want to be safe.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, you're going to get a lot a flak, but I have used stock mirrors, and now I'm on aftermarket, I move my head about two inches either way, and I can use my mirrors perfectly. It's not a perfect science with the mirrors. But if you can't adjust slightly riding a motorcycle, you probably shouldn't be riding.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:57 PM

Zero I like it...I agree, its not that hard to overcome it and if i am taking the corners properly my head fits right into place for the mirror

Old 06-18-2010, 01:16 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by Zero1080
Ok, you're going to get a lot a flak, but I have used stock mirrors, and now I'm on aftermarket, I move my head about two inches either way, and I can use my mirrors perfectly. It's not a perfect science with the mirrors. But if you can't adjust slightly riding a motorcycle, you probably shouldn't be riding.

here u go man... a little flack jacket to help with that flack zero and the guys are gonna throw at ya....

buttttttt in all seriousness we all realize moving to see behind u is a little bit of a pita... but

1) if u dont have the mobility like they said u prolly shouldnt be a ridin..

2) if ur to lazy to move to look well then (haha <---- supposed to be funny)

3) u really should be looking behind you as well as using your mirrors....

so in other words its just one of those things about riding a bike...

they do make extenders.. u can prolly find a million pairs on ebay... just type it in... but they make ur bike look like

Old 06-18-2010, 02:21 PM

I like the stock mirror position and im average height/weight 6' 180 lbs.

Jesus how hard is it to move your elbow 2 inches!

I like it because at night headlights don't constantly reflect into your eyes unless you move your elbow.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dunno how I did it but one of the mirrors always seems to give me a clear view behind me with just a glance. If not the left then the right and vice versa.

Seriously, I'm afraid to brush against a mirror and knock it out of whack.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:33 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Dunno how I did it but one of the mirrors always seems to give me a clear view behind me with just a glance. If not the left then the right and vice versa.

must be a 5'10" guy kinda thing those extra 2" screw us taller guys

Old 06-18-2010, 10:26 PM

I bought the mirror extenders on my 02 cbr and all they do is make the mirrors go up, not out. They work great on my 01 VFR but still looking for some mirrors that will work on the cbr.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio

This as well. As a matter of fact, I was riding today, and I use my left mirror to check behind me (habit with side view car mirrors, and it's more comfortable for me to look to my left) and my right is set to my blind spot so all I need is a quick glance to the right to check the turn lane (I ride in the right lane unless I'm passing, just another habit)

All said and done, I can see both behind me, and my blind spot PERFECTLY with the mirror adjusted. Yes I can see my elbows, but I can still use the mirrors. Like Kuro said, I'm afraid to touch them because god forbid if I have to fix them :P

Quick Reply: F4i mirrors