F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i front stand recommendations...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F4i front stand recommendations...?

as far as the front stand I got the pit-bull forklift stand and the forklift converter so I've got both kinds of front stands just in case
I really don't use just the forklift part much, its much more stable with the converter

Old 07-27-2006, 02:00 PM

Hey xtremehakeem, thats exactly what I am in the process of doing with my swingarm. I believe the best bet is to buy a swingarm off of ebay or someone on the board, send it to pitbull or have the seller ship it to them, have the spool tabs welded on, add the spools, have them ship it back to you or your powercoat person, and then receive the final product. This way you don't have to worry about your bike being held up and most importantly you can ride the entire time. Only riding time you will lose is the time it takes to swap out swingarms.

I paid 50.00 with shipping for my swingarm and it also came with the stock shock (don't need it but what the hell). Once I send it out to Pitt Bull and get everything done I'm looking at a project that costs under 200.00. Then I can sell my stock swingarm.

IMO this is the BEST way to do it. I can't take all the credit though (actually I can't take any) Woodyracing gave me this GREAT IDEA.

Thanks Woody

Old 07-27-2006, 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: sbv32

Hey xtremehakeem, thats exactly what I am in the process of doing with my swingarm. I believe the best bet is to buy a swingarm off of ebay or someone on the board, send it to pitbull or have the seller ship it to them, have the spool tabs welded on, add the spools, have them ship it back to you or your powercoat person, and then receive the final product. This way you don't have to worry about your bike being held up and most importantly you can ride the entire time. Only riding time you will lose is the time it takes to swap out swingarms.

I paid 50.00 with shipping for my swingarm and it also came with the stock shock (don't need it but what the hell). Once I send it out to Pitt Bull and get everything done I'm looking at a project that costs under 200.00. Then I can sell my stock swingarm.

IMO this is the BEST way to do it. I can't take all the credit though (actually I can't take any) Woodyracing gave me this GREAT IDEA.

Thanks Woody
Woow Dude That's a great Idea, I can't believe I didn't think about it before!! I'm assuming you purchased a used one for the $50 right!!! Care tro give me the seller's name on ebay maybe he still has more (since u already dealt with him)
As to "I can't take all the credit though (actually I can't take any) Woodyracing gave me this GREAT IDEA" you do take some of the credit because you are paying it forward so [sm=hail.gif] and Woodyracing I say cheers for the great idea, I gonna do it that way

Old 07-28-2006, 12:02 AM

Thanks for the information so far everyone. OK, so I am assuming that the stands that utilize the frame as the lifting point have a adapter that slides into the inner diameter of the lower side of the steering stem tube and have a hole drilled in it so that the stand can "hook" to it and lift and am assuming that this adapter is not a permanently mounted piece.... Am I correct on these assumptions?

Lastly, hitting the front upper fairing is completely unacceptable for me so I guess given what I am reading here leads me to the assumption that the only one that will perform as it should(lifting the front of the bike without touching the front upper fairing) is the PitBull model? Can someone please post a link to the exact model you are referring to? I had my eye on either a K&L or Vortex front stand(these use the steering stem mount) because of easy availability but if they rub while lifting I absolutely would not want either of them unless someone can confirm the use of either of these on their own F4i with no rubbing issues...

Thanks,
-John

Old 07-28-2006, 12:55 AM

no biggie, I was just sharing what worked for me

Old 07-28-2006, 01:11 AM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

no biggie, I was just sharing what worked for me

woodyracing,
I appreciate your input! Am I correct in my assumpitions posted above on the lifting point location of these specific stands(frame VS bottom of fork)?

Thanks again,
-John

Old 07-28-2006, 01:57 AM

well i'm not 100% sure i understand your question but here is a pic of my forklift stand w/ steering stem lift converter
you can see that the converter goes between the two pads on each side is held in place by clips
these pics should clarify:
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5162/1007418vu2.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8084/1007337vf6.jpg

lol those pics turned out a little big, sorry

pit-bull's "new front stand" has a hinge type thing connecting the two halves so they don't separate

Old 07-28-2006, 08:39 AM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

well i'm not 100% sure i understand your question but here is a pic of my forklift stand w/ steering stem lift converter
you can see that the converter goes between the two pads on each side is held in place by clips
these pics should clarify:

pit-bull's "new front stand" has a hinge type thing connecting the two halves so they don't separate
woodyracing,
Thanks for the pics....they speak a thousand words. The Pit-Bull product line looks very well engineered & 100% useful!

Thanks again,
-John

Old 07-28-2006, 03:48 PM

xtremehakeem, I actually didn't buy mine off ebay. I was looking for the right price and then found that soemone in our for sale section here had one for sale. The price was right so I took it.

I think any seller with good feedback will be fine. I missed a couple that went for 35 and 40 total with shipping. Just keep your eye on ebay and one will come around.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:17 PM

Pitbull all the way. Once I have some cash again, I will have the Triple stand.

Quick Reply: F4i front stand recommendations...?