F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i front stand recommendations...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i front stand recommendations...?

Hello,
I am looking for input on what others feel to be the best(easiest/safest to use) front stand for the F4i's. Please share your recommendations & personal experiences.

Thanks,
-John

Old 07-27-2006, 01:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: F4i front stand recommendations...?

i'd skip out on all the fork stands and go straight to the pitbull triple stand...why? because you'll eventually need a triple stand...and it does everything a fork one does...and more!

t

Old 07-27-2006, 02:02 AM

Mine bends the whole fairing assembly until it gets the tire off the ground then it stops making contact. It's a lockhart phillips (spelling might be off)

Old 07-27-2006, 03:17 AM

I got a question on the tripple clamp one
doesn't the horn get in the way?
I am also looking for a stand and I've been wondering btw the fork and triple from pitbull but also the cyclecat one

http://www.cyclecat.com/UCS02-01.htm

Old 07-27-2006, 04:43 AM

ORIGINAL: shraz

I got a question on the tripple clamp one
doesn't the horn get in the way?
I am also looking for a stand and I've been wondering btw the fork and triple from pitbull but also the cyclecat one

http://www.cyclecat.com/UCS02-01.htm
Yeah, it's in the way. Some people reloacte the horn, but I just loosen the single bolt holding it on and rotate it out of the way. Then just tighten when done. The steering stem stand is sooooo much nicer than the ones that pick up the bottom of the fork legs. You can take off your whole front end if you need to.

Old 07-27-2006, 05:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

i'd skip out on all the fork stands and go straight to the pitbull triple stand...why? because you'll eventually need a triple stand...and it does everything a fork one does...and more!

t
U mean the newfront stand lifts!!! No triple stand is mentioned on their website as far as I know, by the way they have a varity of front stands: forklift and converter/forklioft withn converter, anyone cares to clarify which ones will be a better investement (they are not cheap) to remove and service the forks.
since we are in the subject of stands I'm planning on removing my swing arm and have it shipped to them to get some spools welded, so I could buy the spooled rear stands (heard suppose to be better for stabilization!!!) Also wanted to have it powder coated black (any suggestion on where I could do that) meanwhile my question is which is the SAFEST way to keep the bike upright while the swingarm is getting Spools, I thought about their jacks but I have stock rearsets that FOLD IN[sm=badidea.gif]. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:05 AM

no need for spool when you have this: http://www.cyclecat.com/UCS01-01.htm
very stable and doesn't scratch ur swingarms

Old 07-27-2006, 12:12 PM

LOCKHART PHILIPS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a rear one and the damn thing is crooked! Anyone else have this problem? At any given time only 3 points will be touching the ground and it wobbles. POS!

Mike

Old 07-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well...many times they bend the stands so it will fit in the box...they'll bend right back though.

as far as keeping the bike upright, you can either go through the swingarm bolt hole with a metal rod or or high grade bolts and jack stands or suspend from subframe and then reinforce the rest of the bike after you get the swingarm off.

by triple stand, i also mean the front head stand pitbull has...i think that's what they call it.

i went cheap and got handy stands...sucks for my bike as it bends and crushes the fairing...pitbull doesn't...but i was being cheap...

t

Old 07-27-2006, 01:18 PM

I tried to fix it by trying to bend it and I couldn't move it. I just really HATE buying crap.

Mike

Quick Reply: F4i front stand recommendations...?