F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i cosmetic/performance bike makeover (a diary)...(PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 10:31 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F4i cosmetic/performance bike makeover (a diary)...(PICS)

Haha It's just a cut-up Mountain Dew can wrapped around the rear shock reservoir. I've seen people do Red Bull and the occasional beer can as well. I'm a Mountain Dew nut, so it was only natural. It's really easy to do, too. Just loosen the hose clamp holding the reservoir in place, cut up a can to fit (make sure to wash it), wrap it around the reservoir and tighten the clamp back down.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:34 AM

aken...i cant wait to take your bike out for a spin this summer. ill let you ride mine too when i get it. lol.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:17 PM

Aken, I used a SobeAdrenaline can. I have a red 01, and the color matches fairly well. Also, if you position the can just right, you get"Adrenaline Rush" at the top, and then "High Performance" at the bottom. The guy that I bought it from had a Red Bull can on his, and I liked the idea but I wanted to make it mine.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24044/C85CD345AE7940FFB13F2AB88F11C29F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-09-2008, 07:25 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Looks cool

Old 04-17-2008, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: krobberts

Aken, I used a SobeAdrenaline can. I have a red 01, and the color matches fairly well. Also, if you position the can just right, you get"Adrenaline Rush" at the top, and then "High Performance" at the bottom. The guy that I bought it from had a Red Bull can on his, and I liked the idea but I wanted to make it mine.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24044/C85CD345AE7940FFB13F2AB88F11C29F.jpg[/IMG]
yea why would u want anything on ur bike with red bull on it... what ahorrible idea... hah

Old 04-17-2008, 03:42 PM

hahaha, if the hole bike was blue it would look good. It actually did look pretty good, but I bought it from a friend of mine, and kind of wanted to make it more mine. Something small that changed it up a little bit. I am actually a huge fan of red bull too. I am on my second can for the day.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Default Q

Wow! I didnt think there was this many things you can do to a bike mod wise. Looks like ill be doing a lot of the same things being im getting the 01 F4i same color scheme as yours. Good to see that there is a ton of cheap mods out there. Cant wait to get mine!! Im impressed. A member said that in my intro thread the pics i posted of the bike im getting looks like yours so i had to check it out! lol big difference. And i have pics of the LED's from the previous owner so you can check that out.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Registered Users
Default RE: Q

Thanks....i actually have done quite a bit since this thread as well...one day damnit, i'll write it all up....but there are quite a few big and little things you can do to make a bike unique...if you have the time and patience....

i just finished all my LEDs install although i am thinking i MIGHT add two more strips...but not sure...mine are also on a wireless remote fob sooooo ........

if you have any questions about things, or ideas, let me know, i am always willing to help!

Old 04-30-2008, 06:03 PM

alright i don't have time for the write up right now but i installed the tricktape mesh headlight vinyl to sort of black out the headlights...turned out nice...quality is so-so...probably still up in the air about how long i will keep it....i will post my full review and install a little later...but for now...here's a few pics before the real-deal post...
Looks good. Do you think this set-up would be a hassle to clean? Bugs and debri getting stuck in the mesh?

Old 05-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Registered Users

i don't think so....don't think it would be THAT bad...IF you really liked it and did a good job...you could always clear coat it and that would make it easy to clean and maintain....

Quick Reply: F4i cosmetic/performance bike makeover (a diary)...(PICS)