F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i Cherry popped...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 05:20 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F4i Cherry popped...

I had a customer from work tell me about the MSF before I got my bike. He said he had been riding for years, but gained a ton of knowledge from the class. I consider it a life saver...there is no substitute for that class. I think I saw a post from Rocket Girl about an advanced class...and I thought it was a track day until she said it was a trainingclass. Learn from those who really know! Again, it could save your life!

Rocket Girl's Post

Old 06-24-2007, 08:31 PM

I bought an 02 F4i froma punk who abused it,it's my first streetbike. He hadn't changed the oil in it's life(13000 kms). It was dropped as he was teaching himself to wheelie, mainly cosmetic damage, I did all the repairs over the winter and got it out on the street for the first time this week. It's a brand new bike, there is nothingI didn't replace, clean, inspect or repair. My cherry has been popped and there's no turning back, the bike is unreal. I feel like it's my bike because of the fact that I built it. I'll never be able to part with it now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12325/CC7A1F94F3794DFABC4E534C0F734C02.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats... and welcome to the F4i club!! I too would like to say thank you for taking the class before just hopping on the bike... says alot about your maturaty level and ability to maintain self control. Not like alot of these asshats that have never ridden before and just go and hop on the biggest baddest literbike their parents will buy them[:@] F4i is a great bike though, you'll love it.... while more tame than the RR's and other bikes, it's still quite a potent beast and with the wrong pilot, can get you in alot of trouble real fast. Sounds like you got your head on straight though... you'll do fine Just take it easy, ride your own ride, and keep learning and applying new skills.

One thing I can't emphasize enough is to always remember that the streets are not a racetrack... ride like you want to ride again tomorrow. If you want to ride ***** to the wall, take it to the track. Every single car on the road is out to kill you... don't trust any of them... ever! Use your head and a little common sense, and you'll have many years and happy miles of riding (like me! Well so far anyways)

Stay safe, rubber side down!

Oh and...
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 06-25-2007, 04:28 AM

yea ur lucky i had never seen this site or really talked to anyone in the sportbike scene so i didnt even hear about the MSF course till a while after i had the bike but i wish i had taken it it would have kept me from having to learn things on my own i just rode around in parking lots for a week or so lol but yea the MSF course definatly seems to be worth it so im gonna take it soon there is still a bunch i bet i can learn

Old 06-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MSF course is the only way to go... Itook it and I didn't even own a bike until three months later.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:18 AM

I don't know about everyone else that took the class, but I already had the bike and had put about 20 miles on it just riding around my complex either early in the day when everyone was at work or later in the evening when things had died down some. I thought I had the idea of riding down, but didn't want to take to the streets until I had taken the class and was legal.

All the problems that I was having learning on my own were covered in the class, which mainly tended to be how the bike reacted when it was ridden slowly. Not to mention, I knew that you had to lean to turn the bike, but if I would have jumped out on the road before taking the class, I would have lost it on the first on/off ramp because of not knowing about counter-steering. Not to mention I would have never been able to do a U-turn.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Retired Moderator

Nice Kamjin...smart move on taking the class.