F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Extended Swingarm or Single Sided Swingarm?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007 | 12:09 AM
Default RE: Extended Swingarm or Single Sided Swingarm?

ORIGINAL: TrIkKeDoUtF4I

Thanks for a reasong able answer man.

I dont know why you guys think a extended swing arm is for drag soo many show bikes have them now.

If your **** poor then keep complaining about the price, I work full time to buy what I want if it cost a little more then work a little more if you really want it.
Im sorry most of you guys dont like anything that isnt completely stock or if it cost a few dollars to do you cry about it or call it a waste I dont get it.

I geuss Im one of the few here who doesnt want their bike to look like every other bike on the road with no originality to it.
its all about functionality mane, stretching an f4i kills its cornering, and screws ya for stunt, and the f4i is too slow to drag race, so ya people are gonna call it a waste, its not what your bike looks like its what you can do with it IMO, i have a banged up streetfighter and i ****in love it, man if you could find a single sided stretched that would be sick as ****, ive seen it before look at bike pics at uponone.com,

Old 04-19-2007 | 12:12 AM
Banned

Since 90% of the mods I see on bikes are pointless I gotta choose.

Single sided...very Ducati..very MV..very nice. Extended swingarms on a 600 is like a loud fart can muffler on an un-modified honda civic that needs bodywork, not noise. Just dopey.

Old 04-19-2007 | 12:56 AM

I would put either on my CBR, but if I had to choose I'd go with the single sided swingarm.That way you can get a shiny[sm=bling.gif]rim to show off also.

Old 04-19-2007 | 02:40 AM

ORIGINAL: TrIkKeDoUtF4I

Thanks for a reasong able answer man.

I dont know why you guys think a extended swing arm is for drag soo many show bikes have them now.

If your **** poor then keep complaining about the price, I work full time to buy what I want if it cost a little more then work a little more if you really want it.
Im sorry most of you guys dont like anything that isnt completely stock or if it cost a few dollars to do you cry about it or call it a waste I dont get it.

I geuss Im one of the few here who doesnt want their bike to look like every other bike on the road with no originality to it.

whats not to get? an extended swingarm makes cornering terrible and any wheelies difficult in exchange for looking "cool"
most people ride for fun rather than just to be seen so function is generally more important than form

I'd say if you bought your bike to bling it out and show it off at the local starbucks and don't actually enjoy riding then an extended swingarm is a great idea...

Old 04-19-2007 | 03:11 AM

I know where people are coming from that it kills its functionality, but it does look sleek and I think they look great on a show bike. So what I would do is get an extended swingarm for shows and what not and if you plan on going for an actual "ride" then swap over to the stock swing arm. I dont think its that hard to swap over, is it? Or you can do whatever you want, its your bike. I know if I had the money I would probably do something like that, here in Michigan there isnt any roads to actually use your bike, so putting on an extended swingarm would hurt your corning because there arnt any corners to take. And about wheelies I love doing them but I know on an extended swingarm I cant do them which means the cops wont be after me as much and I get to keep my license. Yay. So I guess Im saying do what you feel, dont let other people tell you how to express yourself. And guys give him a break, he has probably already went over what he can and cant do with each mod, he just asked what looked aesthetically better. good luck with what you choose.

Old 04-19-2007 | 08:47 AM

Ive already weighed alot of the ups and downs of each one and the single sided has alot let downs, I have no clue how it would be in a wheelie but the shop just called and my rims are done and my swingarm is done to so we will find out.

On the other hand I know that a streched out F4i would be a crap drag bike lol. some reasons I still want to do a streched out arm is because I love that low long look, and Im not going to be stunting this bike becuase when I want to play seems to be at the worste times like on main roads or on highways and with a extended arm it would definately prevent me from getting in that kind of trouble.

As for stunting when I get this bike done completely Im going to be looking for a stunt F4i and trust be BONE STOCK and less, I already have the street fightere front fairing (was going to use it on this bike then decided to go more towards a show look.

If you know how to ride you can lay your need down on just about anything . practice practice practice some are just not going to be as easey as the rest and a extended wouldnt be one to drag your knees in a tight turn.

OH YEAH I HAVE TO AGREE WITH 90% OF MODS BEING POINTLESS SO WHO CARES LOL

Old 04-19-2007 | 08:49 AM

I meant the single sided has alot LESS not let ( MORON-ME)

Old 04-19-2007 | 07:17 PM

I personally think the sigle sided looks sick and I would love to do that to my bike. I don't really like the stretched look. I guess youhavedecided on the single so make sure you post pics onceit's done.