F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

ECU Info reuested.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ECU Info reuested.

I have the service book but can not locate which wires are grounds and which are hot volts wires. Does anyone have these specs?

I am trying to figure out this fuel relay issue .

No ground from Br/B wire on ECU to Fuel Relay....does this sound right?

BL/W x2 has 12V
Brown wire has volts to pump.
Brown/black wire to ecu show 0V?

All of this was done with ignition ON and Kill switch ON , Bike in Neutral, Kick stand down with working sensor. Bas sensor works. Stop engine relay works...I head the click and feel the it when switching bike on and off...but no click or sound from fuel relay...which has Brand new relay on BTW.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

Can you provide a little history on the bike ? How did this situation come about ? Troubleshooting the ECM and fuel system can be complicated. All the ducks have to be in a row for the ECM to provide that ground path to the Fuel Cut Relay. Are you getting any codes ?

Old 02-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No codes popping up.
The bike was running well from PO. He was riding one day and the chain snapped on him. He threw a rage fit and tossed it in back of his truck without strapping the bike down...so when he turned a corner plop the bike goes in the bed of the truck tearing up all the farrings and busting the front crowl farring and wires up to hell....So he " Ghetto " rigged the wires and everything worked for a while until I bought the bike and replaced the headlight harness to do away with the crap homemade rig. When I did that the pump stopped. Even hooking up the original wireharness the pump will not prime unless you " Jump " it. I've followed every troubleshooting guide and triple checked and then check some more to everything possible,even the "PINK" wire Zerner Diode.All new fuses and relays. If i can not fix it myself by end of this week then I am taking it 10 miles up the road to a local Honda Dealership/Repair shop and let them charge me 90$ to tell me what needs fixing to get her running.

Side note: All new farrings will be here monday with new ignition key switch.

Also how would one go unlocking the Gas cap if your only key is broke off inside the ignition?