F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ebay fuel programmer????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay fuel programmer????????

Anyone use this thing? If it works even close to what they *claim*, it'd be worth it IMO. I'm planning on running the MotoGP exhaust and BMC race filter, but I won't put those on until I have something to tune the ECU so I don't wreck my bike.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:53 PM

you didn't put up a link to the specific programmer you're interested in

also, why would an exhaust or filter cause you to wreck?

Old 06-16-2009, 10:18 PM

He's probably referring to this one called the Nitro X Fuel Commander. I saw one for an F4i yesterday on ebay.

For only $44 how can it be any good? It will probably last a few months then break apart from vibration or heat!

As far as wrecking your bike due to lack of a custom ECU I would probably recommend some nice colored rim tape instead. I've heard that if you don't have nice colored rim tape then your chances of wrecking are far higher!

Last edited by mike and ikes; 06-16-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:02 AM

Sorry, was referring to the Nitro X Fuel commander as Mike pointed out.

I know with just about any other bike you should remap your ECU after adding aftermarket air filters/exhausts to prevent your bike from running lean/burning valves etc... Is the F4I an exception to that unwritten rule?

BTW, I do have some rim tape for the bike just waiting to go on

Old 06-17-2009, 09:41 AM

your not gonna burn valves or run too lean by just adding a slip-on and filter but a programmer would help you get the 2+ hp out of the combo. I'd go with the Dynojet Power Commander.. just dont out bid me on the one i'm bidding on

Old 06-17-2009, 10:20 AM

The stock ECU and sensors will be able to adjust for small variations in the amount of airflow. It has to adjust for dirty air filters! A dirty filter can cut your air intake by 10% or more. So changing out exhaust and filters are usually handled well by the stock unit.

If you are racing then by all means tweak the performance with a Power Commander. But +2 HP is hard to feel. Not worth it if you ask me. +5 or better is worth it! You'll notice that!

Old 06-17-2009, 08:43 PM

Ok, I wasn't sure if the aftermarket filter/exhaust combo would hurt the bike or not.. I'm not really too concerned with adding much power, but the noise is a definate plus, and I need a new air filter anyways...

So anyone have experience with that programmer, or should I not waste my money?

Old 08-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Default It works

I had to try it. Old bike nothing to lose. Just bought this 2002 CBR 600 a few months ago. the guy who owned it put a carbon exhaust and K&N filter and modded the box. While i was getting used to it , i thought a few things were funny. It just wasn't hitting as hard as a sport bike should on the down shift and the pick up, I took it to Honda and was told that all my mods were actually lowering performance. The guy actually recommended a power commander, not for performance gain specifically, but to make the mods run properly. No way was I going to spend $300 on an old bike i payed 2K for in the first place, so i bought the ebay mod.

It worked.... the first few settings i tried dint do much but i ifinally found one that did everything i needed. I still need to re gear to get rid of that annoying lag at take off. [hate slipping the clutch just to get instant response] mpg went from 48 to 43 or so, and it has more throttle.

Who knows, it could blow up tomorrow....but it works

Old 08-03-2009, 10:27 PM

keep us updated! I don't have the F4i anymore, but I'd be willing to try it out on the 600rr!

Old 08-03-2009, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ryans CBR
keep us updated! I don't have the F4i anymore, but I'd be willing to try it out on the 600rr!
Yea, now you got me interested

Quick Reply: Ebay fuel programmer????????