F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ebay Fairings or Custom Paint?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 06:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Fairings or Custom Paint?

So its time to do something dramatic to the bike, I was thinking of doing a custom paint job, maybe all white? Two tone? But then I seen some of those Ebay fairings like the Seven Star/Repsol/ & Red Flame kits and thought:

$260 for kit + $220 for shipping = $480 total

Then I could sell all my old fairings (which are in great condition) and knock that 480 right down. I know the fittment of these things are not the best but more and more people are getting them and they look great ( https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/repsol-fairings-my-f4i-97144/ ).

Now paint on the other hand would be more custom, keep the higher quality OEM fairings but be a lot more money. What do you guys think?

Old 07-16-2009, 07:43 AM

I put a custom paint job on my 03 r6 and it looks very nice but cost a lil more than the ebay fairing kit. I am wanting to put an ebay kit on my 04 f4i but I still have to paint the tank. I have heard that the ebay guy can put custom paint on his fairing too. I am going to try the ebay kit, cause the new repsol bike looks tight and he sadi it was good quality. 480 minus selling fairlings is a great deal and a lot cheaper than a custom paint job. Just my .02.

Steve

Old 07-16-2009, 07:57 AM

Thanks for your input Steve!

Could anyone Photoshop my bike and make it all white?

Old 07-16-2009, 08:21 AM

Do a search.. there is a lot of white bikes out there.. Specially in the F4i variety. Im a fan of custom paint just because you get a lot more people coming up to you saying wow.. But the real decision is up to you. If you have the cash i would select the custom paint.. Usually if you help the painter out buy taking everything off and getting the pieces to them they make a deal for ya. Good luck on what ever you do.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:21 AM

I myself do prefer the look of paint, because its more unique. If youregonna throw money at cosmetics at all and not because you laid it over, then you should go with whatever you think is best, also check out the white onthe newer VFR's; my dad has a (what they call) "storm trooper" VFR and in the sun it is amazing, of course, your gonna need a good camera for it.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:25 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by shawnyc01f4i
So its time to do something dramatic to the bike, I was thinking of doing a custom paint job, maybe all white? Two tone? But then I seen some of those Ebay fairings like the Seven Star/Repsol/ & Red Flame kits and thought:

$260 for kit + $220 for shipping = $480 total

Then I could sell all my old fairings (which are in great condition) and knock that 480 right down. I know the fittment of these things are not the best but more and more people are getting them and they look great ( https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97144 ).

Now paint on the other hand would be more custom, keep the higher quality OEM fairings but be a lot more money. What do you guys think?
if you know someone who can paint (like my dads buddy) custom paint job would be cheaper and more unique.....

but if you dont know someone.... and you want a elaborate paint job..... fairings would probably be cheaper....

idk what color you want and stuff but once you get into candy apple reds, or pearl paints your talking 200 in paint and hundreds for labor....

Old 07-16-2009, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by zmds18
if you know someone who can paint (like my dads buddy) custom paint job would be cheaper and more unique.....

but if you dont know someone.... and you want a elaborate paint job..... fairings would probably be cheaper....

idk what color you want and stuff but once you get into candy apple reds, or pearl paints your talking 200 in paint and hundreds for labor....

example.... here is my dads car.... pearl white with a copper metallic flake.... obviously he needed alot more paint but i think he said someone correct me if im wrong but in paint, primer, clear..... completely free labor.... he paid close to 2g

Old 07-16-2009, 10:43 AM

I'm definitly thinking all white, maybe a simple white like Toyota's Super White?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by shawnyc01f4i
I'm definitly thinking all white, maybe a simple white like Toyota's Super White?

i cant say ive ever seen it.... is it a gloss white?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:51 PM

My truck is super white, let me find a pic

Quick Reply: Ebay Fairings or Custom Paint?