F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Is this an easy fix?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like both sides of the bike have been scraped up a bit. The starter switch is number 4 here RICHMOND HONDA HOUSE's 2006 Honda Street Bike CBR600F4 Parts List about $75 from the dealer. The f4i's in VA seem to be listing higher than other areas, there have been a few guys in my area asking more than $4K. I got my 01 w/ 15.5k miles on it for $3000. It was scraped up a little on the right side, I repainted that fairing and redid the decals. Came w/ a corbin seat and erion slip-on, but otherwise stock, will need a new chain and sprockets some time soon. Since it's getting colder, you could probably wait and watch the price drop some if the guy won't come down to what you want to pay.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:15 PM

I'm parting my F4i out, I have the starter switch I could sell for cheaper....just if you're interested.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Honda125 358
I'm parting my F4i out, I have the starter switch I could sell for cheaper....just if you're interested.
thanks..if i end up getting that particular bike i will definitely hit you up on that offer

Old 01-26-2012, 09:16 AM

a few more pics to see if you guys see anything else wrong on the bike that i may not see....when the guy sent me these pics he said he noticed that the brake levers are bent a little bit but that it wouldn't affect riding...now i'm just wondering if that's it...hell now we're up to a cracked fairing, some scrapes, broke starter button, and bent brake levers. all minor stuff but i'm hopinig that's it

Attached Thumbnails Is this an easy fix?-img_0072.jpg   Is this an easy fix?-img_0073.jpg   Is this an easy fix?-img_0075.jpg  
Old 01-26-2012, 10:54 AM

It looks like the right handlebar is bent or the bar end is screwed up, the left one kinda looks off but it could just be the pic. The front brake lever and the clutch look like the have been bent away from the bars as well. Offer what you want to pay or a little lower (to appear to negotiate up to your price) and see how he responds, the worst he can say is no.

Last edited by chambers; 01-26-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:23 AM

chambers- yeah i emailed him back and it is the clutch and front brake lever that are bent and he says everything else is fine on the bike, no other damages. he said he's been riding the bike with the bent levers and it didn't cause any problems braking or shifting...and yes i can tell the right bar end is bent but i can just pop that off and put a new one on right?

also on the rear below the brakelight, that's a keyhole on the left right? is there storage space back there or something?

Last edited by jds82; 01-26-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by jds82
chambers- yeah i emailed him back and it is the clutch and front brake lever that are bent and he says everything else is fine on the bike, no other damages. he said he's been riding the bike with the bent levers and it didn't cause any problems braking or shifting...and yes i can tell the right bar end is bent but i can just pop that off and put a new one on right?

also on the rear below the brakelight, that's a keyhole on the left right? is there storage space back there or something?
Those levers look way too far out to be safely usable (is it just me thinking this?), you can adjust the brake lever but I would replace them. My concern w/ the clip ons/handlebars is that they have been tweaked or damaged as well. Replacing the weight is easy as you said, not sure how much one cost from honda though. The keyhole is storage under the seat, on the older f4i's w/ the split seat just the rear came up, I guess the whole seat comes off that way on the 04-06's. There seem to be more and more things coming up w/ the bike, I would be wary of buying it seeing all of them and the price listed. Take a look at it, but remember there are plenty more bikes out there and you could easily wait and find another one in better shape, don't be too eager just b/c you wanna get on and ride.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:23 PM

oh i would definitely replace those levers if i got it, i just wanted to be sure i could ride it home like that. i'm supposed to go look at it and test ride it next saturday so we'll see. i'll be taking a guy with me from work who has been riding for 30+ years so he can look it over for me in case i miss anything. as far as price listed, i will not give him $3800 for it.. if i like it i'll probably shoot for $3200-3300...and if this one falls through i'll just keep riding my little 250 until one comes up =)

Old 01-26-2012, 03:30 PM

Sounds good, nice to have someone who knows what to look for to help you out. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by jds82
ok the guy just emailed me some more close up pics of the cracked fairing...looks repairable(no missing plastic)...he also just told me that the starter button is half broken but it doesn't affect starting the bike...how much would that cost to fix?
<br />
<br />

i have a starter/ throttle assembly for sale if ur looking

Quick Reply: Is this an easy fix?