Duped

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duped

Look at this guy...

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/mcy/2327392613.html
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...item2eb49be6e5

Just sold the bike to him around 8:30 Friday morning and he immediately puts it back up for sale. Asking for a decently more, and quite outlandish, price considering the bike itself.

I'm not against anyone making a buck but don't come to me with some lie and asking me not to put your name on the title. Just tell the truth and at least I know the kind of person I'm selling my bike to. Stupid me for being naive enough to leave the title blank. At least he had to drive all the way from Jacksonville and spend Thursday night at some hotel just to get it.

I phoned him and called him out on the listings. Another lie about how he really wants to keep it and the price will deter interest. Well, ok buddy, you can keep it. I'll just file the Notice of Sale with your name and information on it including the bill of sale on Monday when the Tax Collector offices open. And that got him stuttering a bit...

Whatever, live and learn.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:51 PM

ha! What an a hole that guy. At least you got what you were asking and what was comfortable for YOU.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:54 PM

Weird, why wouldn't he just tell you he intended to resell it? I am sure you wouldn't have cared as long as he was giving you a fair price... when I bought my bike I told the guy straight up I planned to stick a bit of time and money into it and sell it. He was excited and told me to keep him posted on my progress with picture and stories and such.

The guy is obviously a tool, don't waste your time worrying about him, just forget it and save yourself the stress!

Old 04-16-2011, 08:03 PM

Yeah unfortunately theres some people out there like that. More than their should be. But yeah i dont get why he wouldnt just tell you he planned on selling it what does that matter to you as long as you get the amount you wanted for it. Unless he made up some lie to try and help talk the price down.

p.s. That corbin seat on there looks way better than the stock nanner seat. looks really comfortable too.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like he has it listed for $5,300. How much did he pay for it?

Old 04-16-2011, 09:09 PM

looks like ur not the only one he got.. check out his other items..

emaimo929 | eBay

Old 04-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmph...

I paid $4500 for mine, stock, with 2.5k miles. Flipping something is fine in my book. But the title thing is something I'd be pissed about. Right now, legally, heyitsmelam is still legally responsible for the bike. If someone takes it off his hands, doesn't register it and runs over a kid the cops will be at his door. Obviously he can prove he had nothing to do with it. But it's still a hassle.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:45 PM

^^^ precisely. i'm liable for this douche's inconsiderations.

he's all like "well you have 30 days before you have to notify them. why don't you let me decide if i want title it under my name or my company before you notify them"

uh...sure dude. of course I will. tax collector will be notified of the sale. Eric Maimo, $4,100.

I was nice enough to consider putting a far less price on the title to help him save some tax money but oh well. let him explain why he's trying to register something for a different name and price than what the seller originally put on the notice.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:51 PM

also...my exact, and might I add, immature, plans are as follows:

1) Notice of Sale to tax collector first thing Monday morning.
2) Recreate craigslist ad with cheaper asking price
3) flag his original post

that's it for now i think. i highly doubt my individual flagging will make a difference. oh well.

also, only an idiot would pay so much for this F4i. nothing wrong with the bike, but the asking is insane. its worth $4k tops, maybe my original price of $4.5. dealers would ask for $4.5. and only an idiot would think to try to flip a bike he paid $4.1 for, after driving 8 hours round-trip, spending a night at some motel/hotel for maybe $4.5.

it makes no sense whatsoever and in turn makes me even more pissed that he's trying to pull this off with my bike!

Old 04-17-2011, 12:09 AM

Are you sure he isn't washing cash through you (and others by the look of things)?