F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

dumb co-worker, help finding new bodywork fairings

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dumb co-worker, help finding new bodywork fairings

alright a guy at work has been bugging me to ride my bike.. he used to have one. so time after time he would ask andI am like the keys are in it, go for it, but if you wreck it, you gotta pay for it.. well.. after he was a few feet off the pavement, and into the grass he hit the trottle and out goes the bike right back onto the asphalt. A quick story before the damage tally.. a few month ago, some drunk ahole decided to push my bike over.. bend the brake lever, broke the mirror and really bitched up the fairing and barend. This weekend I finially got it back to 100% execpt for the faring, i said I could deal with that for a while. Back to the damage.. well I installed vortex sliders, they worked great, cushined the blow and broke off.EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THEM.But the fairing is all bitch up along with the head fairing, the break lever broke off, mirror got scratched up, barend the same, and the worst part, the exhaust got scrached up also, not a lot, but enough to really **** me off, debating getting another. so the only thing i am worried about is the throttle, seemed like it wanted to stick a little, but I believe thats from the bar end pushing the grip up and making it stick a little. So, hes so sorry, and is going to pay for it all. My quuestion is, is where else can a bodywork fairings? I know that one guy on ebay has them, but thats being shipped from hong kong and he wants $225 for shipping. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

Old 05-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Default RE: dumb co-worker, help finding new bodywork fairings

thats where I am gettin my fairings bro, I found them the cheapest, about 650 in total, but I picked a totally diffrent color scheme than the one I had, I guess I took advantage of paying for what I had. Ya see I had a accident today on my bike, pretty much ****ed up the front fairing to where it came off and broke part of the left fairing, but the bike is fine, it was sort of a head on deal. So I bought that whole kit from the guy for 300 and 225 shipping, also buying new lights and my bike will be back to normal.

But as far as fairings I found those are cheaper than any other site, but the shipping is an assload.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:01 PM

make him pay for stock fairings. china ones are crappy fiberglass.
there again goes the lesson not to let anyone ride your bike[:@]

Old 05-25-2008, 07:29 PM

okay hes paying for them, I just needa few websites that sell them? please. And yes, i did learn a lesson today. But like I said, hes paying for everything.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:03 PM

check out ronayers.com. they have the cheapest oem fairings that i have found. you can click on oem parts, oem plastics, select f4i, then your color, and it lists all the part numbers you need. hope that helps!

Old 05-26-2008, 02:57 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I'll never understand why people let other people ride their bikes... every time someone asks me if they can ride my bike I always reply

"sure, You can ride my bike as soon as you let me ride your girlfriend".

they always shutup after that.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:56 AM

But what if they are gay? oooo gotcha. Yeah I know this now, but 2 of my other friends also borrow the bike so I am used to letting other people ride it. It sucks, but thankfully its all cosmetic damage. Pics to come.