F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Dropped my bike this morning (!!!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday I've removed the fairings, tank, air box, radiator, cylinder head cover and drained the oil. When I've attempted to drain the coolant (with the use of the manual), practically nothing came out. It seems there was no coolant in the reservoir. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I can do this without dropping the engine. Just waiting for the head to come in mail so I could get the swapping done and get back on the road. Good thing is that I will do the oil (amsoil synthetic) & coolant change, spark plug (ngk iridium) and air filter (k&n) replacement while I'm at it.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
Your head should be fine but you're gonna need to repair or replace your valve cover. Get rid of those no cuts and let this be an example to anyone using them!
If those sliders did this with a static drop, they'd have trashed the entire engine in a highspeed get off. Probably be better with no sliders.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:50 PM

I'm getting some solid frame sliders and if I need to cut the fairings, so be it.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by mbison83
I'm getting some solid frame sliders and if I need to cut the fairings, so be it.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:25 PM

^thanks, but can anyone give me tips on how to do that? lol

Old 11-24-2010, 07:24 PM

Update: So I'm stuck on removing the head now and am at the step in my service manual that says to remove the cctl bolt and washer, done. then to use a stopper tool. What the hell? Where can I get it at? I was not ready for this. Is it really with the necessary to mess with the cctl and removing the camshafts when swapping heads? Whats the easiest way to do this? I NEED YOUR HELP.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:48 PM

a stopper tool is just something to plug the hole that the cctl come from bud

Old 11-24-2010, 07:51 PM

as far as the sliders go-1.Remove fairings. 2.install slider bolts. 3. fix a lazer pointer so that it shines right at the center of the bolt. 4. remove bolt and reinstall fairing. 5. put masking tape one fairing and cut the proper size hole where the lazer shines.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:53 PM

the stopper tool is a piece of metal used to hold the lifter 'max in' position. use a small flathead screw driver and turn it clockwise inside the tensioner to relieve pressure on the chain guide. this allows you to take off the CCT without damaging the threads for the 2 mounting bolts.

honestly tho just back out the 2 mounting bolts evenly and you will be fine. do you have the motor out of the bike? cause the first method i gave would be a PITA with the motor in the frame.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by motorhorse
the stopper tool is a piece of metal used to hold the lifter 'max in' position. use a small flathead screw driver and turn it clockwise inside the tensioner to relieve pressure on the chain guide. this allows you to take off the CCT without damaging the threads for the 2 mounting bolts.

honestly tho just back out the 2 mounting bolts evenly and you will be fine. do you have the motor out of the bike? cause the first method i gave would be a PITA with the motor in the frame.
I decided to keep the motor in frame. I hope I can do this w/o taking it out. Will I need to remove the crankcase cover too? Will I need to mess with the camshafts? I've removed the camshaft holder bolts and noticed the holder raise on one side. Is that normal?

Quick Reply: Dropped my bike this morning (!!!!!!)