CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Dropped my bike this morning (!!!!!!) (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/dropped-my-bike-morning-118621/)

mbison83 11-13-2010 12:47 PM

Dropped my bike this morning (!!!!!!)

1 Attachment(s)
So my dumbass parked my bike on a hill w/o putting it in gear and it rolled off. I have the sliders installed as pictured and they caused a crack in the cylinder head, so the oil leaked. Do you guys think I can fix it myself? I mean, I've done some engine work before, and I'm trying to avoid going to a shop since Ive got limited budget. I need to get back on the road asap. What do you guys think? I'm so out of my mind that I didnt even take the pictures of the actual damage and left the bike at my other place :icon_doh: I hope you guys can suggest something. Any help is appreciated.

redzintimidator 11-13-2010 01:41 PM

1... Prime example of why no-cut sliders suck donkey balls.

2... JB weld might fix the head, it looks like its only the top of the head. if not you might need a new head altogether.

3... Get real sliders

mbison83 11-13-2010 01:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the pics my roomie just took. It looks like the cylinder cover needs to be replaced. Any other suggestions?

joeroberts 11-13-2010 03:07 PM

you still need to pull off the slider and look under it
You can pull the valve cover off and find some one that can weld it back together for you.
Now lies the question is the head also cracked after you pull the slider off you can see
depending on how bad it is you can eather have it welded also of it is to bad you well need to replace it.

After you get the motor back together do not Put those sliders back on!!!!!

jp_greenville13 11-13-2010 03:44 PM

Your head should be fine but you're gonna need to repair or replace your valve cover. Get rid of those no cuts and let this be an example to anyone using them!

Kuroshio 11-13-2010 03:51 PM

Valve covers run about $20-$50 on Ebay. Make sure that's the only damage, swap it out and you should be good.

redzintimidator 11-13-2010 07:36 PM

head probably fine. Just replace the valve cover and your good to go. Take it VERY easy on the three screws holding it in. I was using a torque wrench to spec and i snapped one. (only 7ft-lbs too)

mbison83 11-13-2010 10:21 PM

Thank you for all the input, guys. I gotta say that these sliders even though damaged the cylinder cover, they saved the side of the bike. The bar ends were untouched. Just ordered the part. I need to wait now.

Kuroshio 11-13-2010 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by mbison83 (Post 987373)
Thank you for all the input, guys. I gotta say that these sliders even though damaged the cylinder cover, they saved the side of the bike. The bar ends were untouched. Just ordered the part. I need to wait now.

They saved the wrong thing. They're supposed to protect the frame and engine, not the fairings.

jp_greenville13 11-14-2010 12:16 AM

haha. ironically this time it would have been a cheaper fix with the no cuts :P If you had gone down moving though there likely would have been damage to the plastics and possibly the engine as well