F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Dropped her :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped her :(

Damnit. I don't really remember what happened. It was raining, I was pulling into the Kroger Parking lot, Some lady pulls out of one of the isles, I was creeping, next thing I know I am struggling to get my bike up off the pavement. I am so pissed.. All I saw was red. I think my eyes bled.

All it did to the bike was tear a little bit of the Vinyl sticker off the side but God this bike has less then 500 miles on it. I should have known better then to ride in town while it was raining. I wish I could remember what I did wrong....

Anyone know how much a new side graphic costs?

Old 06-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Default RE: Dropped her :(

Sorry to hear about that, I would check on Ebay for the vinal and plastic if you need it. The dealer will probally rape you.

Old 06-13-2005, 03:26 PM

www.tapeworks.com is the place for decals...you can get an overlay kit and customize your graphics

Old 06-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that man. I never ride in the rain unless I get caught in it. Darn those 4-wheeled drivers!!![:@][:@]

Old 06-14-2005, 03:36 AM

Thx guys.. It was partially my fault, I should use better judgment as to when I ride the bike.. But it's just so much fun! But now she is hurt, because I was selfish...

Well here is a pic, this is the extent of the damage, it could have been worse, a lot worse. But none the less she isn't perfect anymore... A graphics kit will probably fix her up just fine... Or maybe I will just remove the graphics all together and just leave the bottom half silver with the honda emblem.. I dunno.. Thank goodness the paint or pipe wasnt damaged...

[IMG]local://upfiles/1137/C73815BBA7A741608425ABCF3F8D0CCA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that -- most important thing is that you're o.k. Bikes can be fixed. Here's a place I've been looking at for some graphics All Out Graphics

Old 06-21-2005, 07:53 PM

Oh the pain!!! I just put my first 70 miles on my '05 f4i and am just paranoid about droppin her.....I bought my first house not to long ago and it has this ridiculously steep driveway that goes down into the garage. I cant even get my accord down into it without bottoming out. So I got the bike there and i'm nervous cause that driveway gets really slick if there is any moisture on it. I kept visualizing my rear tire slipping out and dumping the bike. Anyway 3 ventures out and no probs yet but I feel your pain brother that is so ruff!!!!!! I agree with the others on here...damn 4 wheel drivers!!!!

Mossman

Old 06-21-2005, 09:31 PM

I just replaced that same piece of graphix on mine, I believe it was around 75$. Its a HUGE pain in the *** to put in on over that hump, get a case of beer before attempting...lol. I'd try soap & water or something and glide the sticker around, any suggestions?

Old 06-21-2005, 10:40 PM

man, I would cry if i dropped my baby. The closest i came to droppin mine was going to class one day. See, the thing is, I'm going to Tech School for Telecommunications and if your tardy or absent too many times they dock your grade and "would be" employers dont really like to see that, and i was running late. Anyway, I was flying down the street at excessive speeds whipped her into the parking lot at a knee skidding level (beautifully i might add) then i gave her the groceries. It was all good until I realized that there was a curb rapidly approaching my front tire [sm=lame.gif]. I had to hit the brakes fast.... My rear wheel came off the ground waaaay too far and i about **** my pants [sm=yikesomg.gif]. When I landed her I sat there for a second and thought, wow I hope nobody recorded that! I looked down and my front tire was about 6 inches from the curb. Talk about a close call. After that experience, I took my riding alot more serious. I dont care if I'm running late I am not going to crash my bike. After all of this I still got counted tardy for class.

But I know what its like man, you cant avoid accidents from stupid drivers. I cant even begin to count how many stupid people have tried to run me off of the road or cut me out of a turn lane.

The moral of this story is...Parking lots are EVIL!

Old 06-22-2005, 02:28 PM

couldnt you just burn out your rear to get the good stuff on the edges? Also Build a traction path on ur drive way for your bike.

Quick Reply: Dropped her :(