F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

The do's and donts of lowering didnt help me..

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Skoob, I know what your saying bro. I am glad we can be friends. I apologize too for being a hard *** on you.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
There's TWO knowledgable posts that undid what you wanna do for good reasons .... Anyways Forrest Gump, I hope these two have swayed you to keep it where its desinged to be.
So my post isn't knowledgeable? I don't necessarily agree with you so I must be an idiot? And who is Gump? Designed is spelled as I did, not as you did. I am a master automotive technician who also works on bikes, boats, lawn mowers, basically anything with an internal combustion engine, and also does welding and fabrication. I think I have a clue about some designing myself, and the STOCK bike is designed for a GENERIC rider that isn't short. By making a few simple changes, it can be made to work for the rider that owns it.

Edit: I just realized that Gump is the O/P....

Last edited by Rickracer; 02-23-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:23 PM

Skoob is talking about my post about lowering it and then taking it back to stock. I believe that is what he is saying.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:35 PM
June 2011 ROTM

my 2 cents on racing an f4i in the 1/4 mile. My f4i is alot faster than my focus

Old 02-23-2009, 05:36 PM

Your F4i is faster than most cars on the road.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope mines not faster than my 66 chevelle, I might shat myself. lol Its got 663 peak HP and 487 FPT at the wheels. (the car, not the bike). Hey Rick, ever work on any external combustion motors. J/K. Sorry man didnt mean to offend you bro, but when you lower the bike it affects the handling, and most people are unhappy with the results. i.e. Stephens, which by the way is no rookie.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:15 AM

663 HP! Whoa thats gotta be really fast! Have you run it in the quarter? Is that the 454 4bbl, oversized cam, bored out?

Old 02-24-2009, 07:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, its an original '66 396 BLOCK, with an Eagle rotating assy, custom machined heads.... hey wait, this is the wrong forum for this, besides we just jacked this guys forum. Dude don't lower your bike, but at least you can change it back when you decide you dont like it.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
.... Hey Rick, ever work on any external combustion motors. J/K.....
Did some welding repairs to an antique steam engine one time, does that count?
One of the wierdest things I've worked on is an updraft aircraft carb for an airboat, that thing was huge, I could just about stick my fist in the throttle bore. Also built an exhaust header/manifold for a 50s era airplane towmotor, the vehicle that tows small planes around at the airport, it was not available anywhere at any price, so I built one for them from scratch. Have you taken your Shovel to the track? I built a streetable 427 Vega that went very consistent11.50s in street trim, and mid 9s @ high 130s mph slicked, uncapped, with the juice turned on.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stephens
I lowered my bike, and when I did, I had to take my dremel and shave a bit off the plastic on the shock to get it to fit. I ended up putting it back to stock. I bottomed out my bike when I did wheelies, I scraped the ground when I cornered and my bike fell over cuz the kickstand wasn't cut to the right length. If you want a lowering link, I will sell you mine, its adjustable. For how I ride, the lowering of the bike didn't benefit me. I am 5'4" and I can't put both feet flat on the ground at a light. So I just put one foot flat and the other foot on a peg at a light. Thats what I do to compensate my short legs.
yea i'm 5'9" and i cant touch very good either, but 5'4"? it must be real hard for you
i hate having to do the one foot down thing so taht we dont look like midgets, haha
but i was thinking about lowering mine 1/2 in or 1 in (i dont know what the difference is as far as feet touching)

but ive dropped mine twice because i can only touch on my toes and when trying to push it backwards i slipped on some gravel and couldnt get grip before it was passed the point that it was too far sideways. also alot of times i cant push it out up hill, and i have to stand to the side and pull it out, which is kinda embarassing when all my 6'1" friends just walk it out with no prob.

Quick Reply: The do's and donts of lowering didnt help me..