F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Does your front come up under hard acceleration?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does your front come up under hard acceleration?

And no I'm not talking about getting a boner from the woooooo factor when rocketing off. Hahaha I'm a little bit scared sometimes when accelerating hard say when taking a freeway on ramp or from a light when I need to because part of me worries the front very well may come up so I never fully juice it up completely hard. Will this bike in fact power the front right on up under aggressive acceleration? Or would the clutch simply need to be popped? The sprockets are stock. Thanks all. =) This is in regards to a 2001 model.

Last edited by HotWheels; 05-16-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-16-2012, 03:03 PM

In first gear, It MIGHT if you are hit a tiny bump, or are going up or down a hill. In any other gear, no.
On cold nights in first it will get a TINY bit off the ground but will not power-wheelie.

One time while passing a car going up a steep bridge i hit full throttle and found out that the front will lift to a really nice wheelie

Old 05-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You CAN power wheelie this bike but you have to chop the throttle and get back on it. Under smooth acceleration it will get light but you won't loop it.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:04 PM

Nope. Went to Infineon raceway and in first gear coming out of the last turn onto the straight with full throttle, the front gets light but it won't wheelie.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:14 PM

I've done "accidental" power wheelies on 1st numerous times. It really easy to lift the front end of these F4i. When you get on the freeway just remember, you're not on a racetrack so ease of the throttle a bit. I fear the death wobble more than anything after a power wheelie. Btw, I have an 02 with stock sprokets but my bike is well maintained.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:46 PM

Not by itself no, but if you sit back in the saddle and your tires are nice and sticky and the road is hot it doesn't take much or it will do a small one on it's own. I did a wheelie a few weekends ago all the way through first. It was probably only a foot off the ground but it was definitely off the ground. But other than that, under normal circumstances no it wont. As everyone else said the front will get very light. Even light enough that if you hit a small stone or a weird crack the handle bars will jiggle, sometimes violently. I've had that happen many many times.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:32 PM

so you guys are saying from 1,000 to 14k rpm full throttle no popping the clutch this bike doesnt get the front wheel off the ground?
my 650r will come an inch off the ground doing so, and definatly when shifting to second
thats with cutting the throttle the best i can too when shifting, the parallel twin only has a few more pounds of torque. but 35 or so less horses
i guess the rear sp... let me look.. without counting the teeth the rear sprockets look the same

Old 05-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it only happened to me once at a red light when i may have dumped the clutch a little bit (3000 or so rpm) to full throttle. it came up a little for a second but that was it and ive never been WOT in first below 8-9k any other time but thats the only time ive gotten the front to come up.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by RudyGT
so you guys are saying from 1,000 to 14k rpm full throttle no popping the clutch this bike doesnt get the front wheel off the ground?
my 650r will come an inch off the ground doing so, and definatly when shifting to second
thats with cutting the throttle the best i can too when shifting, the parallel twin only has a few more pounds of torque. but 35 or so less horses
i guess the rear sp... let me look.. without counting the teeth the rear sprockets look the same
Correct. Torque is the tendency of a force to rotate an object about an axis, fulcrum, or pivot (thanks Wikipedia). The axis is your rear axle. Torque is required to wheelie. More HP generally translates to quicker top speed. More torque translates to quicker acceleration.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:12 PM

I've never gotten mine up under hard acceleration. It gets light on the suspension but I've never broke the tire from the ground. I think the yes or no depends on a few factors for instance size of rider etc. I'm 6'1" 210 and tend to have a more forward riding position so I think that is partly why I can't get it up

Quick Reply: Does your front come up under hard acceleration?