F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Difference Between Michelin Power and Pilot Power

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vangill
go to jakewilson, i just checked, i forgot u want the 190, itll be a lil under 200 for the pair, since we r on the tire subject can someone tell me if i should get a pilot road or pilot power rear? no 2ct both regulars
Power will be softer and stickier...they still get great life though..I live in AZ so NO rain or harsh weather so the sticky power is ideal...if your in the midwest or eastocast..go road..meant for wet surfaces and the such...

Old 07-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by redzintimidator
just get 2ct and forget you ever started this pointless thing you call a thread :-p
2ct's for the fail. Pures are where its at now my friend. O and everyone forgot about the power sports [OEM on f4i's!]. So the lineup from low end to high end super sticky is pilot sport, pilot power, power 2ct, pure, and one. Ones are the replacment for the pilot race series and some people call the ones 'race' anyway. Besides price there is no reason for any tire below the pure in the pilot lineup.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
So the lineup from low end to high end super sticky is pilot sport, pilot power, power 2ct, pure, and one. Ones are the replacment for the pilot race series and some people call the ones 'race' anyway. Besides price there is no reason for any tire below the pure in the pilot lineup.
False. Too much info to post here why. ones/race ARE stickiest but pure and 2CT are not as soft/sticky as single compund Powers. Dont believe me read up on the compund and WHERE on the tire it is! (middle vs edge) Better yet, go to your local store and feel a power vs 2CT! They are the same tire on the shoulder but the 2CT is dual compund (harder) in the middle! Pilot Powers are thus softer and stickier ; )

Old 07-13-2010, 04:07 PM

Does this mean you might have a working bike soon?

Old 07-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
lol that's a good joke gosh I almost pissed my pants

Old 07-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
False. Too much info to post here why. ones/race ARE stickiest but pure and 2CT are not as soft/sticky as single compund Powers. Dont believe me read up on the compund and WHERE on the tire it is! (middle vs edge) Better yet, go to your local store and feel a power vs 2CT! They are the same tire on the shoulder but the 2CT is dual compund (harder) in the middle! Pilot Powers are thus softer and stickier ; )

You are wrong about the differences from pilot power to pilot power 2CT. The tires are the exact same in the middle and the 2CT has a softer compound near the edges on both the front and rear.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:57 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
yesum

Originally Posted by Krux
lol that's a good joke gosh I almost pissed my pants

DDDDD
DDDDDD
DDDDDDDDDDDD
DDDDD
DDDD

hows that for a joke jk jk

bike should be rideable in a few weeks...

not done by any stretch of the imagination but ill be able to ride it b4 the season is over im happy haha

purchase order for this week...

r1 front wheel
r1 calipers/lines/radial master
New rear signals/brake light
Pilot Powers

Last edited by __Z__; 07-13-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:58 PM

Whoops your right! Ha its funny you say that bc I actually thought thats what it was, and actually wrote that, and then later erased it due to this I read..."Well, now there’s a dual-compound version, a direct descendant of our MotoGP technology. With a softer rubber mix on the shoulders" I guess I assumed that meant the center was harder but your correct its the same compound! Still, pilot powers are stickier I dont care what your chart says

Old 07-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by backdoc
You are wrong about the differences from pilot power to pilot power 2CT. The tires are the exact same in the middle and the 2CT has a softer compound near the edges on both the front and rear.
LoL beat me to it. I worked at a honda/yamaha/suzuki/polaris/bombardier dealership in teh service department and have been able to go to a tire class put on by michelin, I understand their lineup pretty well. Heck your in phx right? Im in mesa, I can let you stick your fingernail into my tire after a track day or a couple laps at SRC and compare it to your normal powers

Old 07-13-2010, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
LoL beat me to it. I worked at a honda/yamaha/suzuki/polaris/bombardier dealership in teh service department and have been able to go to a tire class put on by michelin, I understand their lineup pretty well. Heck your in phx right? Im in mesa, I can let you stick your fingernail into my tire after a track day or a couple laps at SRC and compare it to your normal powers
Paradise Valley Scottsdale Can I pour some pepsi on my powers first? I'll take that bet

Quick Reply: Difference Between Michelin Power and Pilot Power