F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Custom painted fairings

Old 07-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom painted fairings

Hey guys, I am getting my fairings painted. I was wondering if there is anyway I can ride the bike without the front fairings on since it holds the lights. I have been waiting for over 3 weeks and am getting pretty antsy. I need to ride..... Ah that sucks. No riding for 3 weeks is like torture. I have to find a way to mount the headlights on the bike.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: Custom painted fairings

The front fairing holds the tip sensor. If you don't have that plugged in, you won't be able to start the bike. There may be a way to override it, but if I were you, I'd bite the bullet and wait. I have been down a couple times waiting for this and that, and it totally sucks. I feel your pain big time, bro. Good luck

Old 07-28-2007, 02:40 AM
Default RE: Custom painted fairings

i couldnt wait to ride after my wreck while i was waiting to buy new plastics, so i just rode around during the day with no fairing and no headlight. sure it was pretty ghetto, but it was still fun. in AZ, you dont have to have turn signals as long as you use hand signals, so thats what i did. you can also bypass the bank angle sensor really easily with one wire to avoid problems there. just make sure everything is bolted down or zip tied so nothing comes loose while youre riding.
________
EXPERT INSURANCE

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:50 PM.