CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Crashed today... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/crashed-today-114147/)

adrenalnjunky 07-22-2010 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by KdubyaH (Post 949421)
After a certain age there should be a mandatory license renewal every couple years and eventually every year. Like an 80 year old man would be too busy to hit up the bmv once a year.

+1

I renewed my license last Friday. while I'm sitting there waiting on the printer to spit it out an old lady shuffled in. Looked like she almost needed a walker. Had a spacy look on her face - like she had no idea what she was doing. Instead of following the line around like you're supposed to, she just walked up in the middle of the clerk's windows area and said "I need to get my license renewed". Luckily no one was in line @ that point, so a lady told her:
DMV - "ok ma'am - I'll help you - just walk over to this vision test machine and read the first line"

Old Lady - walks to the chair instead and sits down - then says "I have my insurance card and registration card - but I left them outside in my car"

(This is where my brain starts screaming "Dear lord don't give her a new license!!!!"

DMV - "That's ok ma'am - you don't need those to renew a license. Can you stand up and look into the viewfinder for me?"

Old Lady - (Still sitting) - "They're just right outside, in my car."

DMV - "No ma'am - I just need you to read the first line in this machine up here."

About that time the other clerk handed me my new license, and I didn't see how the rest went. On the way home - I had a discussion with myself that if I could ever help get mandatory license retests (driving and the written) done after a certain age - I would help, and I wouldn't allow myself to bitch about it once I hit that age.

Xander F4i 07-22-2010 06:15 PM

Gotta love cagers...if another car isn't the size of theirs or bigger they pay no attention to it.

RMH3 07-22-2010 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Xander F4i (Post 949435)
Gotta love cagers...if another car isn't the size of theirs or bigger they pay no attention to it.

TRUTH.... and I've been reading in other blogs about how bikers getting hit are because of young ladies texting while driving or women on cell talking, applying makeup and driving at the same time...... sexism isnt sexism if the habits are a continuous occurrence......

zeppelin8778 07-22-2010 07:24 PM

Haha glad my thread started an angry discussion about female drivers with a focus on the elderly

vr6ptstyly 07-23-2010 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by zeppelin8778 (Post 949468)
Haha glad my thread started an angry discussion about female drivers with a focus on the elderly

Haha... It is getting good. Wouldn't put it pass the young lady that got me, I think it was more a mix of things. It was Saturday nite, she wasn't local at all, plus she had 2 other ppl in the car which I think was the real distraction.

Talk to the appraiser today as well, the bikes "totaled" even though it's totally not. haha I'll probably just buy it back and fix it anyways pocket some $$$.

RMH3 07-23-2010 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by vr6ptstyly (Post 949597)
Haha... It is getting good. Wouldn't put it pass the young lady that got me, I think it was more a mix of things. It was Saturday nite, she wasn't local at all, plus she had 2 other ppl in the car which I think was the real distraction.

Talk to the appraiser today as well, the bikes "totaled" even though it's totally not. haha I'll probably just buy it back and fix it anyways pocket some $$$.

eh......still sounding like $800 repairs.... b/w fairing oem $300, per side oem about the same, seat and mirrors, depends on how cheap to get the R title back And if he loved it So much, The chinese body kits are only $500 on ebay, mirrors $30-40 each aftermarket, and seat...$???, corbin i suppose, but if he claims enough on the lid and jacket....I might consider goin for it myself. +'s and -'s on both ends

vr6ptstyly 07-23-2010 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by RMH3 (Post 949600)
I might consider goin for it myself. +'s and -'s on both ends

no sure what you meant there.

Yea I priced a few things out. All said and done should cost me nothing over $1k, and throwing in the DDM HID kit, to get her going again, so in my eyes very worth it. All depending on what is decided by the insurance, so Im not getting ahead of myself.

edit: also about the fairings, I'm trying to stay away from the ebay sets... cbrfairings.com seem to be quality stuff, painted less than $600 not with shipping, which hopefully isn't too steep. Plus you can order a rear seat cowl for an addittion $34 as part of the sets which i thought was nice.

RMH3 07-23-2010 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by vr6ptstyly (Post 949608)
no sure what you meant there.

Yea I priced a few things out. All said and done should cost me nothing over $1k, and throwing in the DDM HID kit, to get her going again, so in my eyes very worth it. All depending on what is decided by the insurance, so Im not getting ahead of myself.

edit: also about the fairings, I'm trying to stay away from the ebay sets... cbrfairings.com seem to be quality stuff, painted less than $600 not with shipping, which hopefully isn't too steep. Plus you can order a rear seat cowl for an addittion $34 as part of the sets which i thought was nice.

I meant to say I would probably be up to the task of repairing. And the EBAY sets I've seen on the streets aren't so bad. Actually really good quality and I've seen 3 or 4 up close. but the kits sound pretty good especially w/ a cowl

vr6ptstyly 07-24-2010 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by RMH3 (Post 949659)
I meant to say I would probably be up to the task of repairing. And the EBAY sets I've seen on the streets aren't so bad. Actually really good quality and I've seen 3 or 4 up close. but the kits sound pretty good especially w/ a cowl

Gotcha, yea the repairs shouldn't cost much and maybe a half days work, so definitely worth a shot. Yea I'm sure the ebay sets aren't all bad but some of the cheaper ones don't come with the heat insulation on the insides, so kind of turned me off to them.

CodyJ28 07-24-2010 10:45 PM

I almost had this same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. luckily she noticed me and i swerved around her. glad to hear you're ok man. go for the new bike :)