F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Crashed today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Crashed today...

Driving down a street and an old lady pulled out taking a left turn in front of me... slammed on the brakes, hit her rear bumper and went over the handle bars, landed on my head apparently (according to witnesses), so my helmet probably saved my life... walked away with no injuries thank god

riding an '01 600f4i, headlights smashed, front fairing broken, windscreen broken, side view mirror ripped off and smashed, side fairings majorly scratched, gas tank scratched, passenger seat ripped up, clutch handle bent and messed up... thats all i could tell before i left the scene...

any guesses as to whether or not they will total it out? bike had a clean title before and im not dying to take a hit and have a salvaged title bike... ide rather just get the money for a new one... anyone else had similar crashes?

Old 07-21-2010, 07:56 PM

sorry to hear that bro....glad you walked thro on ur feet....

i think you should get a new bike or a slightly old one and mod it aesthetically....again glad it wasnt too high speed and your alive....the bike can be fixed/replaced.....

Old 07-21-2010, 08:05 PM
October 2011 ROTM

My guess is they will total it. Glad your okay

Old 07-21-2010, 08:05 PM

thanks man.. i agree, i want a new bike for sure.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
My guess is they will total it. Glad your okay
thanks a lot.. i hope they do

Old 07-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, important part is that you walked away.
As far as the insurance.... yeah, they'll total it.

It's really up to you what you're gonna do, tho. I'm guessing it's technically your fault and that you had collision insurance?
If so, there are a few things you can do.
You can not claim.. and then either fix it or part it out. OR
You can claim... they will total it... then you can either get a different bike or use some of the cash to buy it back/salvage/ and fix it.
Unless, of course, it's her fault.
Then I would definitely go after a new bike. Doesn't sound like a simple fix.

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 07-21-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Yep, important part is that you walked away.
As far as the insurance.... yeah, they'll total it.

It's really up to you what you're gonna do, tho. I'm guessing it's technically your fault and that you had collision insurance?
If so, there are a few things you can do.
You can not claim.. and then either fix it or part it out. OR
You can claim... they will total it... then you can either get a different bike or use some of the cash to buy it back/salvage/ and fix it.
Unless, of course, it's her fault.
Then I would definitely go after a new bike. Doesn't sound like a simple fix.
it was definitely her fault. i was going straight through a green light and she was taking a yielding left turn coming the opposite direction. she completely cut me off and admitted fault instantly. i have 3 witnesses to back it

Old 07-21-2010, 08:56 PM

Fugg man, I really hate hearing bout guys taking a digger, but at least your ok. By the sounds of the damage I'm sure the bike will be totaled, it doesn't take much.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zeppelin8778
Driving down a street and an old lady pulled out taking a left turn in front of me... slammed on the brakes, hit her rear bumper and went over the handle bars, landed on my head apparently (according to witnesses), so my helmet probably saved my life... walked away with no injuries thank god

riding an '01 600f4i, headlights smashed, front fairing broken, windscreen broken, side view mirror ripped off and smashed, side fairings majorly scratched, gas tank scratched, passenger seat ripped up, clutch handle bent and messed up... thats all i could tell before i left the scene...

any guesses as to whether or not they will total it out? bike had a clean title before and im not dying to take a hit and have a salvaged title bike... ide rather just get the money for a new one... anyone else had similar crashes?
total it out yes they will but you can buy it back make sure before they give you a check

Old 07-22-2010, 02:42 AM

Wow that's really convenient that she admitted fault or it'd be a huge mess. Most likely her insurance will total it so new bike for you! Are you going to stick with an F4i? Glad you're ok! Btw lol, does insurance cover the cost of a new helmet too?? Milk it for a Corsair!

Quick Reply: Crashed today...