F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Cops?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cops?

Funny, I have been riding motorcycles since 1968. I have yet to get a ticket except one, in 1972 for doing a wheelie in a parking lot that had public ingress and egress. Yes, I could have been ticketed many times for various violations. But, I don't flaunt noise, reckless behavior (in front of them) or improper riding apparrel. (wear a helmet and eye protection!) Sure there is luck involved, in not getting ticket in so many years, just don't be stupid in front of the law. Again respectful acts, will get respectful treatment.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:25 PM

i like cops and respect their job. Some of them are just plain ********, but most of them are nice and treat you nice if you do the same. I have been riding since 2003 and have never had any issues with them and never a ticket. I think that in most cases you get from them what you give them

Old 03-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Default RE: 93_ka24det

Just something to think about. I think that we can all agree that sometimes cops have attitudes. The one thing that most people will not consider is to think "Why does that cop have an attitude". I personally have had some experiences that I hope most would never have to witness or go through. Just a few exapmles would be - On Jan 19 2005 I recieved a call of a missing three year old at approximatley 9:00 pm. To make a long stroy short after about 10 minutes on scene I found the boy. He was face down in a retention pond, and there were a few gators in the area. I went into the water and dragged the child onto the bank and me and my two partners tried everything we could but it was not enough. During the funeral services I was honored by the family when they asked me and my partners to be the paulbears (sp?).
Another example would be responding to a father choking over dinner. After arriving on scene to a screaming family of three daughters and one wife and preforming cpr and being assisted by EMT's the father passed.
And one last would be responding to a motorcycle vs Ford F-250 and the operator of the motorcycle laying on the ground laying like Jesus. I kneeled next to his mangled body and watch his eyes move to look straight into mine. After a few seconds I witnessed his chest rise and I heard his expell his last breath. As if that was not hard enough I then had to contact his family and notify them of his death.

There are many other incidents like these the I could share, but my point of this post is not sympathy but to prove a point. After all these incidents I would have to close that particular one out and be ready to take the next call that came out to me. No time to adjust, no time to recover, no time just to think, just had to try to suck it up the best you could and do your job the best you could.
Incidents like these may be the reason some cops have bad attitudes, not saying its right at all. But think about it, could you recover from any one of the three examples I just gave and be Officer Friendly less then 5 minutes after closing the call out. Its been over 2 years since Bailey drowned in the pond and I still have night mares and flashbacks to that evening regulary.
Just something for you all to think about.
And again thanks for your time and posts.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13947/2CE7D424A5684C7488AD874E1536FCCB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guess theres good and bad cops--had my fair share of both--in England they hide in back of a van/truck with speed cameras--on abike you'll escape prosecution but in a car you've got no chance,they wanna just get money for the government.
A friend of mine drives for a living and shes been caught 3 times in as many months, thats 9 points ---12 and your banned from driving--sucks

Old 03-28-2007, 08:24 PM

Well, not that I am not sypathetic to your friend, but what has she learned in the past 3 mos.? Maybe, just maybe, if she would slow down a tad in at least "hot" areas of survellence, she may stop getting more points. It is a case of "who is at fault here"? The one disregarding the law or the enforcer of the law?

Old 03-29-2007, 06:25 PM

i dont like most cops... some are cool yes but most are assholessss

Old 03-30-2007, 03:18 AM

i have been pulled over about 8 times and never ran into a *** of a cop, they have all been pretty cool and never had a ticket. just treat them with respect and you will get it back, well most of the time according to some people in here, but your bound to run into a *** i have just been lucky

Old 03-30-2007, 03:35 AM
Mad

I don't wish harm onto anyone nor do I think it's funny when a cop crashes. I've only been pulled over twice; once on base (a$$holes) and once off base. The only reason I got pulled over was because I was in a group and I guess the cop wanted his presence to be known. It wasn't that big of a deal. The only thing I hate about them is the fact that I when I want to hit the twisties they take that fun away.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:09 PM

Most of the cops I have run into on the bike have been cool. I was pulled over for going 91 in a 50 on a deserted back road. I pulled over right away and took my helmet off and placed my keys on the ground and then slowly got off the bike. He asked me why he shouldn't take me to jail. I just pointed out that the road was empty and that no one was in danger except myself and I was just having a little fun. I then said we both know that I could have twisted the throttle and lost you with little effort as the road started to wind. No jail time and not even a ticket. Heeven said he wouldn'tstop me again if the road was empty as long as I kept bothe wheels on the ground. He really only wanted to run my tags and check my liscense.
Most cops are reasonable, but there is always going to be a$$holes. Most cops treat people on a person by person basis and they deserve the same in return.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:45 AM

I got two verbal warnings yesterday. That's the first time that's ever happened. The first time the cop was just gettin me to respect his authoritay (37 in a 30...not even keepin up with the car in front of me) the second was 60 in a 30. Maybe it helped that when I showed my license they saw it was my bday...jerks.

Quick Reply: Cops?