F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Cops?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 02:23 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 93_ka24det

ORIGINAL: rtbconstrictors
I own a F4I obviously, and could beat a police motor hands down. Please don't get any ideas (LOL) just speaking the truth.
[sm=teetertooter.gif]haha

Old 03-28-2007, 07:16 AM

Maybe the people who hate certain cops have had bad experiences with them, but in general, cops are who you call on when you're in trouble. I can understand if you hate a few certain cops because of how they mistreated you, but if you state that you hate all cops, then you're the biggest idiot I know of.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:27 AM

I personally cant stand it when people are all "i hate f-kin pigs, i hope they all die. . blah blah blah" I have a stupid brother that thinks this way, honestly makes me want to slap the hell out of him.

But on to the topic. . . look, it all comes down to peoples maturity level. Lets face it, your going to run into a-hole cops from time to time. . its a fact of life. . just like your parents are dicks sometimes. . just like your brothers or sisters are dicks sometimes etc,. you have a cop from time to time that is a dick. But for the most part if you treat them with respect, they will treat you with respect. More importantly if your not out doing dumb ****, then you shouldnt have problems with cops in the first place. Keep in mind that the majority of cops out there arent looking to pick a fight, they are just trying to do their jobs and make it back home safely to their families.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:11 AM

If it weren't for my personality I would be a cop. I could never just cuff someone who hurt a kid or some girl without doin damage. The only time I ever had a problem I deserved it and am Man enough to acknowledge the fact I was doin something stupid at the time.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Default RE: Cops?

ORIGINAL: woogie

I have a brother who was a Police officer. That helped me to understand more of what the police actually go thru, and gave me a different perspective. I always resented an officer who gave me an attitude like I had shot someone for going 10 or 15 over the limit (we all do it, cops included). But, after hearing from my brother, there is no telling what kind of BS that cop had to go thru - like dealing with an idiot like 1 UP (see above), or arresting the same crackhead for the 3rd time the same week because the courts keep letting him go. So, considering that kind of stuff, in addition to the numerous other experiences where I have dealt with police when they were pleasant,and I was in the wrong (hey, I like to drive fast), I have to hand it to the cops. They deal with a bunch of BS, and most of the time retain their ability to be professional.

I wonder how the rest of us would feel if at work we had to take attitude and abuse from the majority of the peoplewe deal with AND have to deal with the possiblity of getting shot at. I say give them a break. They have a job to do, and we all know that 90% of the time we deal with them, we were actually doing something wrong - even if it is just a stupid speed limit.

Now, if you want to get all over someone, let's talk about the greedy folks at the city who put a 30 mph limit on a 4 lane divided road with very few entrances...come on!

I understand there are times that police officers go through alot depending on the city or town. But if you are unable to to treat each situation as a new one with a fresh start, you are not doing yourself or the people that you are interfacing with any favors.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: SinfulSOB

ORIGINAL: woogie

I have a brother who was a Police officer. That helped me to understand more of what the police actually go thru, and gave me a different perspective. I always resented an officer who gave me an attitude like I had shot someone for going 10 or 15 over the limit (we all do it, cops included). But, after hearing from my brother, there is no telling what kind of BS that cop had to go thru - like dealing with an idiot like 1 UP (see above), or arresting the same crackhead for the 3rd time the same week because the courts keep letting him go. So, considering that kind of stuff, in addition to the numerous other experiences where I have dealt with police when they were pleasant,and I was in the wrong (hey, I like to drive fast), I have to hand it to the cops. They deal with a bunch of BS, and most of the time retain their ability to be professional.

I wonder how the rest of us would feel if at work we had to take attitude and abuse from the majority of the peoplewe deal with AND have to deal with the possiblity of getting shot at. I say give them a break. They have a job to do, and we all know that 90% of the time we deal with them, we were actually doing something wrong - even if it is just a stupid speed limit.

Now, if you want to get all over someone, let's talk about the greedy folks at the city who put a 30 mph limit on a 4 lane divided road with very few entrances...come on!

I understand there are times that police officers go through alot depending on the city or town. But if you are unable to to treat each situation as a new one with a fresh start, you are not doing yourself or the people that you are interfacing with any favors.
Agreed, but they are only human.... it's impossible for situations not to affect them - some days/situations more than others.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:05 PM

+ 1 on the only human thing cause everyone makes mistakes its just how you learn from them that makes you a better person.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:47 PM

cops come across as they do becuase its a way of controling the situation. if a cop came up to you and was all winny and submisive what you think would happen in that situation???

Old 03-28-2007, 05:29 PM

i don't like em cause they go out of their way to give you a ticket.....especially if you're on a bike.

"meydey meydey shots being fired, office down....khekhkhkh.....sorry, biker didn't put his feet down at a stop sign, i have to give him a ticket."

...i may have exaggerated a bit too much on that one, but i hope you get the point.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you gots good cops and bad cops...you have cops with PMS and cops without, you have cops who are having a bad day, etc...

just like regular folks...they too have issues, bad days, etc...so they aren't all bad...nor are they all good.

Quick Reply: Cops?