F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Cops?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cops?

I have many friends that are local police, county Sheriff deputies and Highway Patrolman. I have never had a bad experience with any cop, actually the opposite. Yes, I have a couple of speeding tickets over the past 15yrs. But, what can I say, they caught me, I was speeding. I know the laws and if you disobey them, you pay the price. I would venture to say though that my "warning" to "ticket" ratio is probably 3 to 1. If you want to be treated with respect, you have to act and look respectful.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:22 PM

My experience with cops are about even, i guess have had bad cops and good cops but thats just really with people. Not every person in the world is a good person so of course u will have bad and good cops.

Got a warning on my bike a few weeks ago because my tag was missing (Missing because bike was recoverd from being stolen) I was sitting at a red light and all of a sudden the cop swerves behind me and yells pull over and cuts the lights and siren on. I do so hit the kill switch and lift the face mask up turn around and ask if i can get off the bike and reach in my pocket to get my info. At the same time he has his hand on his gun and asking me kind of loudly why dont i have a tag? Tell him the reason and give him the info to prove that the bike is mine. He gives me a warning to get thenew tagsas quick as possible and basically talks to me about 5-10 mins about the bike where im from what happend and etc. The only thing that threw me off guard was the hand on the gun was kinda of like he was ready for me to bolt or something. OVerall pretty good experience and he was a rider so gave me his number lol.

With my bike being stollen it was found on the 13 of sept i didnt find out till the 23 of sept. The records dept fudge my number and called the wrong person to let them know where they could get it from. I only know my bike is recoverd because i needed the police report for my gap insurance. Surprised the hell out of me come to find out that its been in a pound for 10 days. Got stuck with a 700 pound fee and the capt/ person in charge of the precint i was at was basically telling me to sue them and that all they can offer is 200 dollars and it wasnt there fault. They didnt do a follow up call or anything just left a message to a female cell phone and just figured it was my wife or girlfriend phone. Made me mad but i was glad i had the bike back.

Last experince with a police officer was when i was down south got a ticket for my tint being to dark. My windows were down and in honstley i was profiled. I pull over and wait for the officer to tell me whats wrong. Of course he asked me why i pullued you over and i was like sir i dont have the slighest idea. Is my tag about to fall of or something he was like know but i noticed your tint is two dark for the state. Thinking quickly and askign with respect and in all curiosity like sir my windows were all down so how would you know that. He told me i can just tell. I told him i was leavingthe area the next day and i have to get on base for an outprocessing appt in the next 10 mins. He laughed and sad ok and put the test up to them and 3 out of my 5 pass. Gives me the ticket and says a smart remark when i asked him why its been so long that i havent gotten a ticket if i did them according to regs and had the reciept in the glove box. He saids somethign smart *** like that was again with profiling and tells me after that all of you guys have and deserve tickets Also that mine were correct a couple of years ago. Im in the military uniform so im assuming he is talking about military and not my race because im really thinking this guy is just playing and he is going to say gotcha here in a second. He then says have a nice day and now your late for your military appt. This was the overall worst experience the guy was a dick not for the ticket but because of his demanor and ways already set.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:28 PM

Thanks for all the comments. I'm glad to see that the over all image is really not that bad, at least not as bad as I thought. If I can now reply back to a few posts

Italio13- the man actually likes wheelies but most are preformed at the wrong time and in the wrong places. I personally feel that most motorcyclest are very easy to get along with and are the most understanding. The ones I delt with during this past Bike Week all pretty must understood the reason for the stop and citiation when issued. Most were for excessive speeds 20+ over the posted speed limit and passing on the right (on the shoulders of the roadways) in heavy traffic. I think only about 5 had bad attitudes. I actually don't stunt, but if the stunts are done in the right place, vacant lot where it will not affect other traffic, deselate roadways I'll try to talk to them but they always speed away at 100 + mph for some unknown reason LOL

Chancbr- I must be a defective cop I don't eat donuts

Alekinci- 8th great education, not really college and 4 months academy. Wonder what yours is though?

Txmorgan- "I hate cops" Why did you get busted for speeding or stunting?

1 up- the krispy kreme landing made national news and was not the smartest thing done in the history of law enforcement. As far as " cops are ****ing pigs" why because they landed a helicopter in a bad choice of spots.

I will never say cops are perfect, we make mistakes like the rest of the world. Unfortunately our mistakes hang in the minds of most and people hate us even when they are not involved in the situation being complained about. For example its the cops fault your buddy got a ticket for speeding or stunting and thats why you hate that cop even though you have never had any contact with that paticular cop. The reality of it is that people never call cops when things are good. You ever call a cop when you are having a good day, won the lotto, or bought a new car or motorcycle. No matter what you opinion about cops is just remember that when you call for us yelling some one broke into your house, some one pulled a gun on you, you were involved in an accident, or any other serious issue we'll come running to you lights and sirens, putting our lives on the line to do our job and help/protect you. Many police officers have died to protect you , never thinking twice what your opinion about them really was.

Once again thank you for all of the posts and this is not intended to become an arguement post, just a simple question that I asked other riders to answer.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13947/0D684FE872C94E8AACDFCBD3E51CFC7C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-27-2007, 10:56 PM

ive had about 50/50 experiance, but some have just been dicks, ive been harassed for being at the wrong place at the wrong time,ohh well it happens.

rtbconstrictors:
just how fast are those copper bikes?

Old 03-27-2007, 11:45 PM

I have a brother who was a Police officer. That helped me to understand more of what the police actually go thru, and gave me a different perspective. I always resented an officer who gave me an attitude like I had shot someone for going 10 or 15 over the limit (we all do it, cops included). But, after hearing from my brother, there is no telling what kind of BS that cop had to go thru - like dealing with an idiot like 1 UP (see above), or arresting the same crackhead for the 3rd time the same week because the courts keep letting him go. So, considering that kind of stuff, in addition to the numerous other experiences where I have dealt with police when they were pleasant,and I was in the wrong (hey, I like to drive fast), I have to hand it to the cops. They deal with a bunch of BS, and most of the time retain their ability to be professional.

I wonder how the rest of us would feel if at work we had to take attitude and abuse from the majority of the peoplewe deal with AND have to deal with the possiblity of getting shot at. I say give them a break. They have a job to do, and we all know that 90% of the time we deal with them, we were actually doing something wrong - even if it is just a stupid speed limit.

Now, if you want to get all over someone, let's talk about the greedy folks at the city who put a 30 mph limit on a 4 lane divided road with very few entrances...come on!

Old 03-28-2007, 12:18 AM

i have no problem at all with cops, its a job that needs to be done and if i dont do anything stupid i most likely wont get pulled over and if i decide to do something that i know is illegal and get pulled over than i took that risk and i know that, so i may be one of the few but i have respect for cops even though i have a horrible drivig record

Old 03-28-2007, 12:33 AM
Default 93_ka24det

Well we ride Harley Davidsons pretty much enough said lol. Really 1st and 2nd are pretty impressive to me. Harley has the 88 CI (cubic inch) engine, 5 speed, prior to 2007 which are 1450 CC. To me the other gears are questionable. In 2007 Harley Davidson came out with the 103 CI 6 speed police motor. I think this is something like almost 1800 CC ( we have 2006 not the new 2007). The gearing is totally different and the new ones are substantially faster in my opinion ( I have rode a few of these in training).

These are nowhere near as fast as a sport bike, I own a F4I obviously, and could beat a police motor hands down. Please don't get any ideas (LOL) just speaking the truth.

Thanks for your time and reply.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13947/6365AC1BD09E4DA0A09336598B6729EB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-28-2007, 01:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got mad tickets in my mustang, but ive been pulled like 3 or 4 times on the bike, and been let go, even with my plate hidden, no signals, no mirrors, or pants and underwear, my friend wrecked about 3 weeks ago the sheriff stopped to make sure we were straight, and said "well thats what happens when you boys run thru here at 100 miles an hour" (we were actually goin slow that time?) but overall cops like to harass people and they usualy try to compensate for having a small ***** by nightsticking people, haha jk

Old 03-28-2007, 02:08 AM

Alright then the man hates my wheelies lol

Old 03-28-2007, 02:12 AM

I don't have any problems with them, if you don't break the laws. You shouldn't either.

Quick Reply: Cops?