F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

cooling fan

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cooling fan

So the blade on my fan broke and now i cant ride. Can i just buy the blade or do i have to buy the whole fan with the motor? cause the motor still works.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:53 PM

the blades are sold seperately

but there has to be a reason why they broke, the last one i saw with broken blades had a cracked housing by one of the mounts
so when you bolted it in it would twist and cause the blades to rub and eventually break

Old 06-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny you post this... I'd never once heard of anyone having the cooling fan blade break, then mine broke this past tuesday. The little center piece broke off the blade and stayed on the motor... probably the same as what happened to yours

You can indeed get the blade seperately.... I ordered mine on wednesday from the local Honda dealer for $45 with tax, and it arrived today. Got it installed and works like a champ

I figured the plastic just fatigued over time, being right there in the heat and all

Old 06-12-2009, 11:39 PM

Same thing happened to me. The center piece broke off and the fan stopped working. Ended up going on ebay and I got a used motor and blades for $40 bucks shipped. Works like a champ now.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:57 PM

You can still ride, just don't sit there and idle for too long lol

Old 06-13-2009, 11:00 PM

is there some kind of a metal bracket to install in the center to protect the plastic from melting? i had to replace the fan one time because the blades melted and i dont want to do it again.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:16 PM

yea there like a bolt that hold the fan then the the blade and then the little metal bracket. When i took it off you could tell that it was melted. I just ordered the blade from honda and it will take about three days to get it. Should i have orderd anything else?

Old 06-15-2009, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by draudt
yea there like a bolt that hold the fan then the the blade and then the little metal bracket. When i took it off you could tell that it was melted. I just ordered the blade from honda and it will take about three days to get it. Should i have orderd anything else?
do you know where i can get that bracket from?

Old 06-17-2009, 04:28 PM

im pretty sure that any honda dealership will have it. Does any body know where i could buy a used fan motor? Im going to sale my bike in the spring to get a newer one and I think the motor is pretty much shot. It started to make a strange noise when it turns on

Old 06-18-2009, 02:36 AM

damn man. i threw one away not too long ago. the fan was broken but the motor worked :/

anyway, look on ebay. i got the whole fan assembly for $30 shipped.

Quick Reply: cooling fan