CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   compare RR and F4i for new rider? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/compare-rr-f4i-new-rider-20010/)

ikhoudvanu199 08-03-2006 07:01 PM

compare RR and F4i for new rider?

hey guys and gals...im a new rider, and im really kind of deadset on getting a CBR600 as my first bike. i originally thought the RR would b better, but i have heard from numerous people, including the sales rep at the local bike dealer, the the F4i would b better for me. im not a very big person, 5'7" 130 lbs, and i know that the ride height is different on the 2, the F4i is shorter. but the dealer had an F4i out, and i didnt have a problem sitting on it at all, and dont think i would on a RR if its only a few inches higher. so could anyone give me the pluses and minus and mayb a reccomendation for me between the 2? thanks:D

PitbullF4i 08-03-2006 07:43 PM

RE: compare RR and F4i for new rider?

both great bikes, f4i is alot more comfortable, that why i went with the f4i, i have riden both, the RR is a little bit fast btu nothing a powercamander and a pipe wont fix, its really your prefrence, but remember whitch ever one u go for respect the power if ur a first time rider.

sbv32 08-03-2006 08:11 PM

I personally think you should go with a 01 or 02 f4i. They are cheaper than buing a new one, don't have the banana seat and are a great bikes to learn on.

If your set on buying brand new, go with the RR.

Since your a new ridder I would suggest the MSF course and plenty of practice time before you get out there and just ride.

Blackdog F4i 08-03-2006 11:48 PM

I personally think you should go with a smaller bike.

A modern 600 ESPECIALLY a F4i or 600rr is too much bike for a beginner. Would you teach someone to drive in a McLaren? How about a Ferrari Enzo? That is the kind of performance you are talking about. Starting on a smaller bike (Ninja 250 or 500) will make you a better rider. Then when you step up to a 600 class you will be faster than the rest. Plus you will be able to resell a 250 or 500 fairly fast and if it's in good condition you run a good chance of getting your money back.

Oh, and don't kid yourself by saying (i'm mature, I can handle it).

It's your money and it's your a$$. So if you are dead set on a modern 600, then it's no skin off my back (although it may be off yours). I just see too many new bikes destroyed and kids in the hospital because their ego kicked their a$$ into a situation their brain should have taken care of.

Also remember that the sales dude at the dealership is looking to make money off of you. I have watched them talk new riders into liter bikes because the comission is larger.;)

Chances are you will not be able to ride either the F4i or the RR at anywhere near their capability for many years.

ejohn 08-03-2006 11:53 PM

just don't panic the first time you ride it.keep loose and don't give it much gas you will be fine.

Blackdog F4i 08-04-2006 12:15 AM

Like I said. It's no difference to me. I just wonder what kind of insanity makes people think it's a good idea to learn to ride on a race bike.[:@]

markobenin 08-04-2006 04:11 AM

I would have to disagree with you blackdog, if you're a moron you can kill yourself just as easily on a 250cc bike as a 600cc bike. The '06 F4i is my first bike, and I already have 1700+ miles on it in a month. I think if you practice in a parking lot for a day or two, you should be fine, just don't zone out when you're riding and scan all areas of the road.

shraz 08-04-2006 05:17 AM

+1 on blackdog start with something smaller for the first 6month
especially if you are small and can't put both feet flat down

DThompson 08-04-2006 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: markobenin

just don't zone out when you're riding and scan all areas of the road.
HAHA, alot of times when im riding on the highway, I do ZONE OUT. Kinda messed up cause I will ride like 30 miles of road and not rememer what I just rode by.

PitbullF4i 08-04-2006 03:20 PM

if im driving and talking on my cell phone ..i cant remeber a damn thing