F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

compare RR and F4i for new rider?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default compare RR and F4i for new rider?

hey guys and gals...im a new rider, and im really kind of deadset on getting a CBR600 as my first bike. i originally thought the RR would b better, but i have heard from numerous people, including the sales rep at the local bike dealer, the the F4i would b better for me. im not a very big person, 5'7" 130 lbs, and i know that the ride height is different on the 2, the F4i is shorter. but the dealer had an F4i out, and i didnt have a problem sitting on it at all, and dont think i would on a RR if its only a few inches higher. so could anyone give me the pluses and minus and mayb a reccomendation for me between the 2? thanks

Old 08-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Default RE: compare RR and F4i for new rider?

both great bikes, f4i is alot more comfortable, that why i went with the f4i, i have riden both, the RR is a little bit fast btu nothing a powercamander and a pipe wont fix, its really your prefrence, but remember whitch ever one u go for respect the power if ur a first time rider.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:11 PM

I personally think you should go with a 01 or 02 f4i. They are cheaper than buing a new one, don't have the banana seat and are a great bikes to learn on.

If your set on buying brand new, go with the RR.

Since your a new ridder I would suggest the MSF course and plenty of practice time before you get out there and just ride.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:48 PM

I personally think you should go with a smaller bike.

A modern 600 ESPECIALLY a F4i or 600rr is too much bike for a beginner. Would you teach someone to drive in a McLaren? How about a Ferrari Enzo? That is the kind of performance you are talking about. Starting on a smaller bike (Ninja 250 or 500) will make you a better rider. Then when you step up to a 600 class you will be faster than the rest. Plus you will be able to resell a 250 or 500 fairly fast and if it's in good condition you run a good chance of getting your money back.

Oh, and don't kid yourself by saying (i'm mature, I can handle it).

It's your money and it's your a$$. So if you are dead set on a modern 600, then it's no skin off my back (although it may be off yours). I just see too many new bikes destroyed and kids in the hospital because their ego kicked their a$$ into a situation their brain should have taken care of.

Also remember that the sales dude at the dealership is looking to make money off of you. I have watched them talk new riders into liter bikes because the comission is larger.

Chances are you will not be able to ride either the F4i or the RR at anywhere near their capability for many years.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:53 PM

just don't panic the first time you ride it.keep loose and don't give it much gas you will be fine.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:15 AM

Like I said. It's no difference to me. I just wonder what kind of insanity makes people think it's a good idea to learn to ride on a race bike.[:@]

Old 08-04-2006, 04:11 AM

I would have to disagree with you blackdog, if you're a moron you can kill yourself just as easily on a 250cc bike as a 600cc bike. The '06 F4i is my first bike, and I already have 1700+ miles on it in a month. I think if you practice in a parking lot for a day or two, you should be fine, just don't zone out when you're riding and scan all areas of the road.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:17 AM

+1 on blackdog start with something smaller for the first 6month
especially if you are small and can't put both feet flat down

Old 08-04-2006, 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: markobenin

just don't zone out when you're riding and scan all areas of the road.
HAHA, alot of times when im riding on the highway, I do ZONE OUT. Kinda messed up cause I will ride like 30 miles of road and not rememer what I just rode by.

Old 08-04-2006, 03:20 PM

if im driving and talking on my cell phone ..i cant remeber a damn thing

Quick Reply: compare RR and F4i for new rider?