F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

clip-on options and clip ons vs "dirty bars"

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clip-on options and clip ons vs "dirty bars"

My 02 has "dirty bars" dirtbike bars on it and they feel nice riding straight but feel like apehangers in a corner just feels wrong (might just be me and the bike idk), but i was wondering if i were too get clip ons just too try out how it should "normally" feel like. Should i get factory clip ons or should i get something aftermarket?

The bikes pupose is ripping around town and some 150 mile bike rides there and there i love too corner not soo much wheelies

Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 PM

wow it's hard to describe the feeling ... the stock clip-ons you can comfortably sit up and ride but when taking on some speed or some white knuckle turns.... just say you can lower yourself to the bike tighten up your center of gravity. feel the turns.

for your spoken riding style you will like clip-on over tag bars... most people that have tag bars are stunter from what i have came accross.

really it comes down to you and what you like

Old 02-05-2013, 07:26 AM

ok so get factory bars because they are semi for comfy riding and handling were aftermarket clips-ons would be more handleing than comfy riding?

i think ill try too pick up some stock bars but my next ? is if i like the stock bars more how do i sell the "dirtybars" with steering stabilizer? ive looked on ebay and cant find anything close

Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 AM

maybe try asking in the stunter part of the forum. somone may even want to buy from you there

Old 02-05-2013, 01:04 PM

your tag bars should have a riser kind of like a scope mount on a rifle... you will remove that stuff the clip-ons go above the factory top plate which is described in the service manual on proper install .... they call for a clip above them but really there is no room for it with proper measurements... funny stuff.

but on a side note stock clip ons are cheap as hell on ebay you will want to locate the service manual PDF.....

i think you will really like the choice you are making... there are nice sets of clip ons out there as far as after market but stock will be easier to get your hands on for a cost effective experiment....

and stunters will buy those bars up pretty quick if you price them right

Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 PM

ok so from what i get is after i remove the risers and bars i need to drive the fork tubes up through the tripple trees soo the clip ons can mount oabove the triple trees? cause in this pic it looks like they shoved the forktubes level with the triple trees which is kinda dumb lol
Name:  cbrbars_zps48f7fadd.jpg
Views: 2502
Size:  159.6 KB

Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 PM

that is what you need to do... you will want to measure perfect..the data is in the service manual.....any mis-alignment will translate into your ride... steering/ride path/feedback

it will lower the front of the bike ....you might want to check and see if the rear-end has a jack-up kit or washers at the top of the shock...
jack up kit will be a after market and located at the base of the shock assembly connected to the shock/swing arm/and motor mounts...

the way your bike is setup right now will account for your not so comfy corning.... right now your center of gravity is a little out of wack....

man you are going to be amazed when you get that lined out back to OEM

let me know what you come up with...

you ever hit-up St.louis drop me a line go catch some curves.... mine should be back up and running this spring if not sooner

Last edited by stlcbr600f4_newb; 02-06-2013 at 11:04 PM.