F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Certain mileage I should have my bike fully serviced?

Old 02-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Default Certain mileage I should have my bike fully serviced?

With spring right around the corner, I'm considering having my bike serviced. I assume there is probably like a 10k service of some sort. Bike has had two owners me being the second and I've done nothing but change the oil.
What should I be expecting for service and price? Thanks

Last edited by ROOKIE 09; 02-25-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ROOKIE 09 View Post
With spring right around the corner, I'm considering having my bike serviced. I assume there is probably like a 10k service of some sort. Bike has had two owners me being the second and I've done nothing but change the oil.
How many miles on it?

Old 02-25-2011, 11:26 AM

if i was the THIRD owner i would change the oil, oil filter, coolant and sparks because you never know what the PO's did

Old 02-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

What does the maintenance schedule in your owner's or service manual say to do for whatever miles you have on it? Depending on how long you've had it you should check that everything up to that point has been done on schedule.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:10 PM

Most of the guys here will refer you to the owners manual, and suggest doing on a "needed" bases. I agree, do what you think is necessary. Depends what and when the last few things were done. If you don't know, then the Sparks, oil, filters, etc. should be checked/done. I just changed my oil, spark plugs, air filter, and gave it a new chain. If it's run's smooth, and i don't feel anything wrong with it, then that's all i'll do for now.

I recommend the same to you. Hopefully that helps, best of luck!

Old 02-25-2011, 01:01 PM

Yea, sorry forgot to mention have about 15k miles on it. I'm the second owner and the guy who owned it previously definitely babied it. So you think I should bring it to Honda and have them try and rape me completely? or just stick the the basics like plugs, air filter. I'm going to have them throw on a new chain and sprockets as well.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Banned

Yea, sorry forgot to mention have about 15k miles on it. I'm the second owner and the guy who owned it previously definitely babied it. So you think I should bring it to Honda and have them try and rape me completely? or just stick the the basics like plugs, air filter. I'm going to have them throw on a new chain and sprockets as well.
If I were you I would get my hands on a service manual and do everything yourself. Even though my bike is only at 6k miles, I would imagine that the 15k service is pretty basic.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:54 PM

Yeah the bike sounds fine, just a basic tune up all of which you can do your self. I would never take a bike to the dealer, they will charge you an arm and both your legs for their service

Old 02-25-2011, 05:57 PM

Alright cool. One more thing.... All the hype about K&N air filters, are there any benefits to them.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:52 PM

They are lifetime air filters and never have to be replaced, i use them on all my vehicles and they work great

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Certain mileage I should have my bike fully serviced?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.