F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

cbrfairings.com issue/help

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cbrfairings.com issue/help

Hey, I recently purchase a set of f4i fairings from cbrfairings.com. This is my personal opinion/experience with cbrfairings.com

I ordered a set of f4i blue flame fairings on DEC 20 2010 and were delivered on JAN 06 2011. The quality of the paint and decals is great and looks and feels like high quality abs plastic too, I wont cover the fitment as I have yet to mount them due to a issue I have with the right side fairing it seems it has a random hole right over the elevation/bump (look at pics). The personnel at cbrfairings say its a check point that all oem f4i fairings have but that is not the case as that hole is a small one at the bottom left to where you can check the oil level not a big random hole. I am sure they will resolve this issue soon for me but they continue to insist its a check point and that it is in this diagram http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmot...m2051#sch99664 ( cbrfairings.com sent me that link) to check but i don't see it there and have never seen this hole in any f4i fairing and is too far off from the normal f4i frame slider location. I hope somebody here has clue as to why that hole is there.

Overall I think cbrfairings.com makes high quality fairings but made a mistake and I hope they soon understand and see this issue and not continue to say its a check point as i have sent multiple pics with explanations as to why that hole is not normal.

Feel free to ask me any questions guys as i wrote this up pretty quick.

Thanks

Name:  F4IHOLE.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  68.0 KB

Old 01-16-2011, 03:08 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

they are for frame sliders

Old 01-16-2011, 03:29 PM

Yea, that's not for a frame slider, position seems way off. Unless it's meant for some proprietary frame slider, doubt it though. That green arrow hole is for the oil peep sight as you indicated.

I would send it back or have them send another one.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:36 PM

That is what I first taught but have not seen any frame sliders attached to that location only closer to far left middle bolt plus its only on my right fairing and not on my left and idk if you had time or cared to checked the link to the diagram but I don't see it there and i asked cbrfairings.com if that was a frame slider hole and there reply was that its a check point for oil which is not. here is a pic of my old oem fairing still on my bike plus a pick from another post that I edited a bit to show the location of my random hole compared to the fame slider location
Name:  POINTS.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  57.5 KBName:  hole1.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  94.8 KB

Old 01-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well on there website on the picture of that fairing there is no hole there.
I would send them the picture off their website and your fairing and say point out on your website picture is that hole.

Attached Thumbnails cbrfairings.com issue/help-01f4iblueflame_3.jpg  
Old 01-16-2011, 03:43 PM

@ Lando

yeah thats what i believe is going to happen, still waiting on a email from managment to see if they understand the issue for a replacement of that item.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:01 PM

You're exactly right, there isn't supposed to be a hole in that spot. I just barely got a new set of fairings from auctmarts and only had the hole where the green arrow is. Something is up

Old 01-16-2011, 04:19 PM

hahaha. Sorry about the misfortune. Leaves you asking who went to work high that day. Lol. Someone was like I'm gonna put a hole here and see who I can mess with

Old 01-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yeah that hole is way off... side note.. what does the upper look like? is it all black or does it back flames on it too? seems very cool.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:56 PM

HAHA @ jp

yeah thanks guys im sure ill get word soon and get the issue fixed. ill keep you guys posted.

@Turbulenz yeah man the upper looks great if cbrfairings.com takes care of this issue i would give that kit a 10 out of 10, everything else seems to be in place its just that right side fairing. here is a pic of the upper
Name:  IMG_20110107_115655.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  55.2 KB

Quick Reply: cbrfairings.com issue/help