F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

CBR600f4i help, exhaust fire!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 03:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CBR600f4i help, exhaust fire!

FLYOU wrote a brilliant post https://cbrforum.com/m_698107/mpage_1/key_/tm.htmwhen he changed his fpr. He makes it look very easy, but if your not good with the spanners (like me) its better to take it to the stealership. Good Luck.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:16 PM

evertime i got of the gas it would back fire and i hear a loud bang , replace your spark plugs,inspect all the rubber hose's under the gas tank.my bike sat out whole year befor i bought it and replaced all the hose that have dry-rotted.after that my bike rans fine.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

read the how to for it and decide for yourself if you wanna tackle it. I personally would NOT take my bike to a mechanic for any reason, but then again I did my first brake job at 13, on drum brakes. Its basically remove a few things (remember what goes where especially nuts and bolts, rubber hoses, and electrical connections but those are usually only able to plug into where it belongs and no where else), unbolt the old and bolt in the new, then replace everything that you took off to get at it. Dont listen to ampfp. If the plugs were fouled and not burning the gas, then there would NOT be fire coming outta the tail pipe. The problem IS too much gas, caused by a faulty FPR, which was caused from the bike sitting too long. Anyways read the write up in the how to section, and go bust your knuckles, you gotta learn sometime.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:56 AM
July 2008 ROTM

You replaced the battery just because it was dead? My oh my, please take better care of your motorcycle, lol.

For future reference, running your bike every few weeks, even if just in the garage, will prevent weird crap like this, even if it's for an entire year. Letting things sit is far worse, as you've certainly experienced first-hand. More info for others, not for you. I'm a ****ty mechanic, so I can't be specific, but others sound like they narrowed it down nicely to the FPR. I hope that's the problem, and an easy fix!