F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

CBR 600FS 2001 model fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 06:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR 600FS 2001 model fuel problem

Hi People,

I've got a sad story to tell... Past my bike test in May bought my first bike from a good mate as soon as I past which was a 2001 CBR 600FS (Rossi model) was loving getting used to it then after a long blat in June something didn't feel right... Went pull away at a roundabout in first gear the power wasn't coming through on when I opened the throttle up. Then all of a sudden it would just kick in and rocket away. Then when I went to fill up it would just keep cuttign out when in idle. I managed to labour it home keeping the revs high, but when i was stopping at a junction it would just cut out as the revs dropped. From then on its been very temperemental and cutting out when in idle about 50% of the time. The bike runs fine once in second and going along but at the low revs the fuel doesn't seem to be going through.
So not being mechanically minded, I found a mechanic and sent it off to be fixed. 2 monthes later (yes that is two months) and having the chase the guy every week or so. Its not fixed. He concluded that it was the ECU that was the problem and wanted me to buy another one to test as he couldn't find anywhere to test it! That was enough for me i got the bike back and a quick google search and found a place to test my ECU. Testing now done and suprise suprise...the ECU works fine!

So please help me... what should i do now?
The work the mechanic allegedly did is as follows:
Valve clearances, Throttle position sensos and voltage checks. Map sensor and voltage checks (swapping with new map sensor) Replaced spark plugs, checked intake air temp sensor. Throttle body balance. Vacuum pipes from throttle bodies to map sensor. Checked continuity in wires from sensors to ECU. Wax unit stripped cleaned and checked. Pressure release valve checked. Voltage to injectors from ecu all earth wires, spark on all 4 cylinders.
He concluded it was the ECU as he said that the number 3 injector wiring circuit had a fault even when he swapped it with the number 2 injector in its place.

I just want to go out and ride :-(
A case of beer to anyone who can get me on the road again (with my bike)

Thanks,

Charlie

Old 09-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I'm sure someone will pitch in!