F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

CBR 600Fi (PGMFI)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not checked them but I will find the fuel filters on the service manual and check them.

I am not sure on how to check the fuel pump though... Should I remove it and check its condition or should I wire it to the battery when the problem occurs to check if it is causing the problem? What do you think?

Thank you for the help.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:42 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Take off the tank and pull out the pump assembly. You will find the pump, filter and a metal nest. Clean the nest and blow through the filter (not compressed air) to see how free it is once the gas all comes out.

We know the pump runs. If you decide to bench test it,please be careful. The fuel vapors in and around it don't mix with the slightest spark from attempting to make it run.

Look on the bright side, all this is good for maintenance anyway.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:04 AM

Hello again,

I watched a few tutorials on how to remove the pump etc but I think it will be too hard for me, I don't even have a way to dry the tank... And I don't want to damage the bike...

I will give the bike to honda service this Monday and hopefully they will find what is causing this problem.

What I wonder is the reason why the kill-switch changes sound. Other than the fuel filters and fuel pump, could it also be something else? Like the ECU for example? I am asking this to be prepared for whatever the honda service tell me.

Also about the fuel pump, can a fuel pump stop working properly if it gets warm? I mean that I know that if you have a malfunctioning fuel pump you will notice it even if the engine is cold, but my problem happens only when the engine gets hot.

The only certain thing is that the bike stops when it hits 100+ Celsius for more than 15 minutes and that the kill-switch makes a weird sound when this happens.

Thanks again!

Old 07-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by NoN33d
I am really disappointed, this was my dream bike but I am thinking of selling it.......
That's really sad that you'd get your dream bike, have a problem, not be able to fix it yourself, and sell it vs just paying a mechanic to fix it properly. Not sure how someone gives up on dreams so easily.
Try bypassing the sidestand switch, or swapping in a new one.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:16 PM

I never said that I will give up my dreams or something like that but I am disappointed because I thought that the bike was perfect... If the bike has problems that the seller "forgot" to tell me or didn't know about, I will sell it and buy the next best cbr 600 f.

As I said before I will give the bike to the honda official service to fix it. (I have to say that they weren't very possitive about this but let's wait and see !)

Old 07-15-2017, 07:28 AM

Hello guys!

It was the fuel pump after all. The Honda service replaced the fuel pump with a another one (a used one) and now the bikes works great.

Thanks a lot for your time guys, I really appreciate it!

Old 07-15-2017, 03:03 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

yay!