F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

cant touch my feet flat footed on my bike help please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant touch my feet flat footed on my bike help please!

I am looking for a lowering kit so i can touch my feet on the ground flat footed while sitting on my bike so i can have better control. I have no idea what brand or anything to look for. If you guys cool maybe help gide me in the right direction that would be greatly apreciated! thank you!

Old 04-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Here's a STICKY on it.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Old 04-05-2009, 08:56 PM

i got a vortex lowering dogbone and linkage for sale $50 shipped if you want theres 2 holes so it lowers either 1" or 3" heres a youtube vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZT0n...layer_embedded

Old 04-06-2009, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by pimpax56
i got a vortex lowering dogbone and linkage for sale $50 shipped if you want theres 2 holes so it lowers either 1" or 3" heres a youtube vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZT0n...layer_embedded

The Soupysperformance dogbone that I got is FULLY adjustable. so it can change from stock height to -4" and everywhere between.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Foxtrot4India
The Soupysperformance dogbone that I got is FULLY adjustable. so it can change from stock height to -4" and everywhere between.
but im referring it to the person who started the post

Old 04-06-2009, 03:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go Go Gadget legs.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 AM

I can't touch flat footed on mine either, im just used to it though. I'm 5'7" and i usually lean off to one side a bit at a light to get one decent foot on the ground instead of tip toeing it. I also try to avoid trying to "back up" a hill when parking. if the parking lot is sloped, just make it so the bike will roll naturally to get you out of the spot, or into the spot depening on slope. Not sure how tall you are though, height may be a bigger issue.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 AM

Ditto to Lonewolf, Im only 5'6 and usually just lean it to one side and get one foot flat on the ground. I have had a few times where I wish I was able to get both feet down, like hills, but im pretty much used to it now.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by LoneWolf04
I can't touch flat footed on mine either, im just used to it though. I'm 5'7" and i usually lean off to one side a bit at a light to get one decent foot on the ground instead of tip toeing it. I also try to avoid trying to "back up" a hill when parking. if the parking lot is sloped, just make it so the bike will roll naturally to get you out of the spot, or into the spot depening on slope. Not sure how tall you are though, height may be a bigger issue.
thats probably the most annoying part of having a shorter inseam.
I'm 5'8 and once in a while have a slight problem backing out of slightly up-hill inclines. Sucks. Sometimes I just get off and move it out side by side, a tad embarrassing. lol
or i just ride my nighthawk! flat foot nicely on her!
still, if you can half-foot or at least tip toe at stops I suggest you dont lower it. just imo.

Quick Reply: cant touch my feet flat footed on my bike help please!