F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Can I try it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I try it?

The previous owner gave me one of those stubby moto GP pipes when I bought the bike. He said he used to ride with it all the time but I put it on my bike the other day while it was on the rear stand and it didn't want to run right. If I blipped the throttle in quick succession it would spit and sputter. Does the ECU "relearn" itself to some degree when minor things like that are changed? I can't imagine he rode it with it not running right for a year but he didn't seem real smart so idk. I don't want to run that pipe full time just wanna try it out once or twice and see how unbearably loud it is. The bike sounded awesome with it on idling but I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks for any replies.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its because it has no back pressure.
The ECU wont learn what pipe you have on it, if you get a PC3 your good to go as you can program it for that type of pipe.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright thanks, that's kind of what I figured but I wasn't completely sure. I'll just leave it off, I hated hearing it run like **** for those few minutes. Really freaked me out. Guess the PO was a little dumber than I thought. Maybe it's a good thing the bike wasn't running optimally.