F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

buzzing noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buzzing noise

2001 cbr600 f4i

when i am on the highway or somewhere that i am accelerate really fast and then let go of the throttle i hear a buzzing noise. i often think it is some one honking at me but its not al loud as a horn. loud enough for me to hear though.

what the hell is it?

also i had a mechanic tell me i need to change my cam chain supposedly it has been a problem with this year bike. any info?

Old 01-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: buzzing noise

buzzing? dunno mang...cctl not cam chain, but the cam chain tensioner lifter is what you should change...but that sounds like bb's in a can...rattling, not honking...but it could be a buzzing...

Old 01-27-2006, 01:40 PM

I think I know what you are talking about. It's kind of a low hum that isn't engine noise? My '05 does it, and I've always thought it sounded like intake noise. I've wondered about it, but bike runs great (and I've got an extended warranty), so I'm not going to worry about it.

Old 01-27-2006, 05:02 PM

its only when i accelerate and the rpms are by 10k and they are winding down. usually around 90-110. slowing down...
its not a honking noise it is a buzzing noise.

is the cam chain tension lifter expensive or hard to replace?

Old 01-27-2006, 06:31 PM

so is it a rattling hum? CCTL will do it in all gears (engine loaded)...do this...go first or second...run it up to like 10K and then let go of the throttle, you'll feel crazy **** vibration from the tank area....vibrating hard that it can sound like a hum...that's the cctl.

well...it's hard to get to if you don't take off the tank...replacing it isn't hard, it's getting to it that is...but totally doable.
the part itself is like 45 bucks for a manual one and about the same for a factory one (i get hook ups). i don't mind replacing the stock one every year or so, gotta get in there anyway for other stuff ya know?!

Old 01-27-2006, 06:38 PM

i also get a hook up for cost at a dealership.and it sounds like buying the part won't be too bad. and taking the tank off isn't a problem either. i got the bike a month ago and i took it apart and put it back together a bunch of times already.

sounds like it is the cctl thanks bro.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:25 PM

you don't need to take it off completely, just enough to get it out of the way...dunno why, but i gots lots of slack with my fuel lines and stuff attached...but some people have like none!

Old 01-28-2006, 07:17 AM

check your drive chain slack

Old 01-28-2006, 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

so is it a rattling hum? CCTL will do it in all gears (engine loaded)...do this...go first or second...run it up to like 10K and then let go of the throttle, you'll feel crazy **** vibration from the tank area....vibrating hard that it can sound like a hum...that's the cctl.

well...it's hard to get to if you don't take off the tank...replacing it isn't hard, it's getting to it that is...but totally doable.
the part itself is like 45 bucks for a manual one and about the same for a factory one (i get hook ups). i don't mind replacing the stock one every year or so, gotta get in there anyway for other stuff ya know?!
My old bike had really bad vibrations in the tank. So your saying it would be the CCT? It was on a 95 ZX7. It bothered me alot when I was riding, but at least I don't have to worry about it anymore.

-Jesse-

Old 01-28-2006, 08:21 PM

no mang...said it feels like it's coming from the tank. cctl will let you know if it's bad...but yea...pretty much feels like the tank has crazy vibration...rattilng, etc.

Quick Reply: buzzing noise